• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please fix legit Anti-cheat system.

CrapBag

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

The new Anti-Cheat system isn't working flawless (like any software) but it can always be improved.

I was kicked in spawn for cheating, can't exactly remember what the messaged said but I guess it was because I was removing blocks from the trees while the script for preventing players of doing that was activated. And also my friend was kicked for using client side mod when he had a fresh install of Minecraft.

That might be something to look into for the developer of the anti-cheat system. Great work anyways..

Cheers, Andrew

topHAffe

Spectator
Reaction score
Ye the new Anti-Cheat sytem works great, but I have also been kicked for no reason sometimes and have to find a new server, wich takes ages for non premium.

Sorry to say it but everything was better in the beta ;)

Sincerely Alfred.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
If you are in the pregame waiting at corn, do not start breaking the blocks around your pedestal. If you do it too much, it will auto kick you!

CrapBag

Spectator
Reaction score
If you are in the pregame waiting at corn. Do NOT start breaking the blocks around your pedestal. If you do it too much, it will auto kick you!
That's the problem I just described. And I'm surprised to see a mod responding like that, not adding anything to the discussion. Which is against the rules on almost every forum. And for the second, you responded like Teije.

This is a thread where we discuss bugs that need fixes, not for people (at least no mods) to spam.

Sincerely, Andrew!

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
That's the problem I just described. And I'm surprised to see a mod responding like that, not adding anything to the discussion. Which is against the rules on almost every forum. And for the second, you responded like Teije.

This is a thread where we discuss bugs that need fixes, not for people (at least no mods) to spam.

Sincerely, Andrew!
I am sorry if you did not get a response you were looking for. I put that out there for others to see...
Also, you say you guessed that is why you were kicked. I was jut confirming it.

CrapBag

Spectator
Reaction score
I am sorry if you did not get a response you were looking for. I put that out there for others to see...
That's okay. I've just got paranoia since threads have a way to get out of hand.

What would be a solution were if you used a third-party anti-cheat client which takes checksums of the Minecraft files. Since the Survivalgames servers are already communication with other applications this would be possible (same server application?). In harsh theory this would only need to be 1 request to each player when he joins, if the player is allowed (not using any third-party mods/programs) then he's allowed to play.

The only problem then would be if the players of Minecraft survival games would be happy about downloading a application and run it when playing the game. Then you only need to calculate players lost/won with cheating and players lost/won with a third-party client.

With this client you can also add social features to make it more attractive, chat, integrated forum, VOIP. Anything really..

Cheers, Andrew.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's okay. I've just got paranoia since threads have a way to get out of hand.

What would be a solution were if you used a third-party anti-cheat client which takes checksums of the Minecraft files. Since the Survivalgames servers are already communication with other applications this would be possible (same server application?). In harsh theory this would only need to be 1 request to each player when he joins, if the player is allowed (not using any third-party mods/programs) then he's allowed to play.

The only problem then would be if the players of Minecraft survival games would be happy about downloading a application and run it when playing the game. Then you only need to calculate players lost/won with cheating and players lost/won with a third-party client.

With this client you can also add social features to make it more attractive, chat, integrated forum, VOIP. Anything really..

Cheers, Andrew.
Half the community either don't know how to install mods nor want to. It's much more simpler for a new player to just be able to log in and not worry about downloading stuff to play. Maybe once modding API comes out in 1.4 this may be possible.

CrapBag

Spectator
Reaction score
Half the community either don't know how to install mods nor want to. It's much more simpler for a new player to just be able to log in and not worry about downloading stuff to play. Maybe once modding API comes out in 1.4 this may be possible.
It would be as possible as it is now since what you're talking about is serverside.
The thing is tho' where the new players comes from?
I was introduced to this game from a friend and it went so far that I bought Minecraft just for survivalgames (and also shame since I didn't have it).

And now, this community has grown hugely. I think most of the players here are introduced by friends and since you already have to register to play you've gained the players trust. And you can always get help from a friend or a simple step-by-step guide to follow.

Sincerely, Andrew.

greatgamer9988

Tribute
Reaction score
Anti-Cheat is so buggy! I always used for my old server: NoCheatPlus. NoCheatPlus is much better and is much smarter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci