• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please Help! The Games Are Pointless (for me) until this is fixed D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx Reaper

Spectator
Reaction score
ohhhhh waitaminute. Haha, my error is different from the original poster's. I'm getting the
"exception: java.io.IOException: Received string length longer than maximum allow ..." error. Oh well.
A little bit of googling suggests a simple re-download of the minecraft files (new jar and such) could fix the problem, although it wasn't the only solution given online that resulted in a fix. (But this was certainly the simplest to carry out)

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
A little bit of googling suggests a simple re-download of the minecraft files (new jar and such) could fix the problem, although it wasn't the only solution given online that resulted in a fix. (But this was certainly the simplest to carry out)
Congratz.
This happened to me last year but it was a Java problem.
Quite annoying.

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, I think that was the problem. I wasn't including the first quotation mark I think.

Yes, I have java 7. I got it to work now, no errors with the shortcut, but I am still having the error in Minecraft.

ohhhhh waitaminute. Haha, my error is different from the original poster's. I'm getting the
"exception: java.io.IOException: Received string length longer than maximum allow ..." error. Oh well.
Do you have any mods/texture packs installed? I'd try with a clean install of minecraft, and if it still doesn't work then it's probably something to do with Java.

KcazFM3

Spectator
Reaction score
Do you have any mods/texture packs installed? I'd try with a clean install of minecraft, and if it still doesn't work then it's probably something to do with Java.
I reinstalled minecraft, but it came with a bunch of problems. The resources folder was empty, the shortcut wasn't launching minecraft properly, etc... Once I fixed all that, it got me through for quite a while. But a minute after the games started I got a "socketexception timed out" error. At this point, it's not worth everything. I think I'll just revert back to 1.2.4 with my textures and mods and maybe play the Survival Games in a few weeks. Hopefully something will have changed. Thanks for all your help, guys.

xxmudkip95xx

Tribute
Reaction score
i have a windows 7 pc and 4g of ram and i have tried all of these and it does not change anything

Kagegami

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it may be something to do with my terrible system. It was made in that in-between era when laptops sucked.

Hell, it doesn't even have a graphics card, it has a chipset. Now laptops have reverted back to the good old days of video cards 'cause people are using them more and more for gaming. I tried playing on it on my Dad's computer...

180 fps, no lag, no memory issues, no problems whatsoever :D ...

But my dad made me delete minecraft off of his computer, <sigh>....

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am really annoyed at the fact that i have NEVER been able to complete a game, because minecraft ALWAYS "runs out of memory". But, it doesnt actually run out of memory, as it has more than it needs. It only happens on SG servers, and usually when the storm sound comes. PLEASE HELP :'(
I CANT PLAY SG!
Trollololooo Get the java 64 bit :p its much better also my friend has the same problem like when the chests refil at night he gets kicked out so we have to be the winners of the game before night ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci