• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please help!

AdventuredaCraft

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is my first ever thread on this forum, so let me just start by saying... I suck at MCSG. I know that most of you are probably gonna say: "Practice makes perfect" or "Meh." MCSG has always been an addiction to me. I've introduced some of my friends to it. At first, they loved it, but then they got bored of it and stopped. And here I am, left alone. I'm usually the one who doesn't know when to quit. I've played a bunch of games! About a couple thousand, but I've never gotten better. :( I've been discouraged a lot of times, but I just can't quit! I've studied and applied PVP tips and tricks and spent some of my money on new equipment and still nothing. Maybe I should just quit , but it bothers me the fact that I'll never be good at this game. So can you guys please try to help me?

I'm usually an aggressive type of gamer. I just go for it. I'm also a laptop gamer, but I'm thinking of building a computer when I get enough money. But I'll just settle with my laptop for now. I have pretty okay specs if I do say so myself:

*Dell Ultrabook
*Windows 8
*Intel Core i5
*nvidia geforce gt 630m
*4GB Ram
*64-bit Operating system
*I usually run at 70 - 150fps in Minecraft

Gaming mouse:
Razer Abyssus
I run it at 125hz and 1800dpi

I only use my laptop keyboard which is decent in my opinion.

Many of my friends think it has to do something with my Ping. I'm somewhat convince because people say to have a decent game, your ping must be below 90ms. But here's what I get:

I live in the Philippines and play in the US. I try to play in AU, but its just the same old connection. Maybe it is my ping? Please help guys!!!! Should I upgrade my ISP? Should I also get a better computer? Please also give me some tips and tricks. It would really help.

Thanks for taking your time to read.

N

Nikola

I honestly don't know how to help you. I played 5000 games and I won 2000 of them, don't ask how because I don't know myself.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
This is probably going to be a long shot... but which region do you play on? It might possibly be ping issues. c:

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel as I'm in almost the exact same boat as you haha. I've been playing MCSG now for about a year and a half and I'm convinced I'll never be good at the game. Here's some advice that I can pass down to you from some of my other friends:

Your ping will put you at quite a disadvantage compared to other players that live closer to our data centers. It really does make a difference in your gameplay. Not really something you can help, but just check all the different regions and play on whichever gives you the lowest. It'll most likely be US. Also, I would not recommend playing in AU - everyone is way too good there xD Out of all the things you've mentioned, your ping is probably your biggest issue although it's not too bad. I play with 248 ping when I play on other servers with my friends and its manageable.

Your computer seems to be fine especially if you're getting 70-150 fps. I play consistently on 60 fps and it doesn't really bother me.

You say you're an aggressive player and I used to play like that as well. However, I would recommend playing more defensive, especially if you play alone. Find chest routes that hug the outside borders of the map and avoid spawn. Maybe it has to do with your play style? :p

Last edited:

AdventuredaCraft

Spectator
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel as I'm in almost the exact same boat as you haha. I've been playing MCSG now for about a year and a half and I'm convinced I'll never be good at the game. Here's some advice that I can pass down to you from some of my other friends:

Your ping will put you at quite a disadvantage compared to other players that live closer to our data centers. It really does make a difference in your gameplay. Not really something you can help, but just check all the different regions and play on whichever gives you the lowest. It'll most likely be US. Also, I would not recommend playing in AU - everyone is way too good there xD Out of all the things you've mentioned, your ping is probably your biggest issue although it's not too bad. I play with 248 ping when I play on other servers with my friends and its manageable.

Your computer seems to be fine especially if you're getting 70-150 fps. I play consistently on 60 fps and it doesn't really bother me.

You say you're an aggressive player and I used to play like that as well. However, I would recommend playing more defensive, especially if you play alone. Find chest routes that hug the outside borders of the map and avoid spawn. Maybe it has to do with your play style? :p
Thanks for the tip! :) I'll try to be a more defensive player this time and experiment with different play styles. And I know what you mean when you said "everyone in AU is way too good" It's like almost everyone in AU is born to play MCSG! It's damn hard to get a win there.

Well, I just hope some day both of us will get better at this game. Thanks again for replying! WE CAN DO DIS!

Last edited:

AdventuredaCraft

Spectator
Reaction score
I have really bad ping. The best I get is 200ms to US. Ive just adjusted and gotten used to my connection to try to win. Ive somehow managed to get 2000 wins ;-;
I checked your videos and woah!! You are a god! I've only won 100/2000 before MCSG reset the stats. Too bad it also wiped away all of your work :\

But, you've inspired me to work harder and never give up!

AdventuredaCraft

Spectator
Reaction score
Well I would say it was your ping but yannr00s is a god and he has 200ms to US. Allot of the time when he beats me he uses his bow and rod to his adv, get good at them and you can be a god to :D.
He is a god! I've watched his vids and damn!

Thanks for the tip! I've been working on my rod skills lately and I guess I've improved. Though usually I play at 170 - 280ms, on bad days I get 300 - 500ms, The worst ping I got was 2000!!! (But I didn't play with 2000ms, of course :p) I don't even know how that was possible! :eek:

But I know some day I will be a god too! Thanks again for your reply :)

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
It took me an incredibly long time to get decent at the game. Is the problem that you can't win games? Or you can't really win fights, because it might be because of your offensive nature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci