• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Poison!

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

PresidentSnow

Tribute
Reaction score
I think instead of Deathmatches your forced to walk to Middle/cornucopia by: when there are 3 players left you get a compass and you have 1 minute to find your way back to the cornucopia, if you decide not too go back to middle in 1 minute you get infected with poison and start to die. But if you do make it to spawn you won't get poisoned. So you are force to fight. Good idea? Vote!

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
I really don't agree with this idea. Really. First off, some maps are very big. They would take you well over a minute to get back to the center. For example. SG3. Even with a compass, the hills would make it take a long time. And second, the death match is supposed to be a battle of pvp. With this, it would be more of a race and, whoever was closer to center would have an advantage. Sorry, but right now, it is perfect the way it is.

Reaction score
Kind of pointless, and there are many situations that this would be bad in. For example...

• Stuck in a hole, but waited it out because you had good items.
  • On an island in SG1, takes a while to swim back.
  • Any large map.
  • On the opposite side of a parkour.
This would come down to luck in alot of games, I tend to wander the map (espicially on SG1, so much detail where you least excpect it) and depending where I am when DM starts this would be unfair. It favors the "Corn Campers" over the underpowered player who may be hiding in the bushes in a far corner of the map. To be honest, this idea lacks a general purpose.... Why would we want this? That's what it comes down to. It's an intresting concept but weighing the pros versus the cons, it would do too much harm.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Dude, I can't even find my way back to the center on Solar Frost sometimes. No way :p

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
You do realize that it is possible to be further than a minute from corn on some maps, right?

I vote no for many reasons, some players may be out of sprint, being unable to make it to corn, and when they do the poison will put them at a half heart. I could go on but therandomman stated some good reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci