• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pokemon Showdown Leaderboard (Proposal)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Typing this on my phone, so bear with me.

You can probably already tell what I'm about to propose from the title- a ladder, similar to Soul's clan leaderboard, in which you rank up or down by playing people above or below you. There would ideally be leaderboards for a range of tiers, which means that there would have to be rules stopping players who participate in multiple tiers from being flooded with challenges. Matches would be either Bo3 or Bo5 (not sure which is better), and would follow Smogon rules.

I understand that many players here play for fun. However, this is not meant to be overly competitive- rather a way of keeping the 'MCG showdown community' more active. There would be no shame in being at or near the bottom of the leaderboard, as it would be clear to everyone that you just preferred using fun and original mons/sets.

Thread is up!: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/pokémon-showdown-leaderboards.124843/

Tagging some people who may be interested: I_love_desk TheRealAussie NickSharpx Ikanacanyon7 Professor Nub DatPikachu Lebron12 Noob_Out_Of_Disguise OuchTheSchauzer Twee AnomalousDyna Iametal YourFavoriteTreecko Thapple Toast FireworkMaster9 Ginger Henry

Last edited:

Iametal

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

You can probably already tell what I'm about to propose from the title- a ladder, similar to Soul's clan leaderboard, in which you rank up or down by playing people above or below you. There would ideally be leaderboards for a range of tiers, which means that there would have to be rules stopping players who participate in multiple tiers from being flooded with challenges. Matches would be either Bo3 or Bo5 (not sure which is better), and would follow Smogon rules.

I understand that many players here play for fun. However, this is not meant to be overly competitive- rather a way of keeping the 'MCG showdown community' more active. There would be no shame in being at or near the bottom of the leaderboard, as it would be clear to everyone that you just preferred using fun and original mons/sets.

I myself don't really have time to run something like this, so if anyone believes they are qualified and able you are more than welcome to pick this up. This thread is more meant to gauge how many people would be up for it, and to find out what concerns people have that would first need to be addressed.

Tagging some people who may be interested: I_love_desk TheRealAussie NickSharpx Ikanacanyon7 Professor Nub DatPikachu Lebron12 Noob_Out_Of_Disguise OuchTheSchauzer Twee AnomalousDyna Iametal YourFavoriteTreecko Thapple Toast FireworkMaster9 Ginger Henry
Yeth pl0x :3

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
yas pls im up for it

Although I don't really have the time to maintain something like this...

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score

I myself don't really have time to run something like this, so if anyone believes they are qualified and able you are more than welcome to pick this up. This thread is more meant to gauge how many people would be up for it, and to find out what concerns people have that would first need to be addressed.

I like the idea! Id be more than happy to have this! :D

I can bet Id be on the bottom of the leaderboard but I dont really mind that haha xD

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd love to take part, haven't played pokemon in a while so I wouldn't mind trying to get into it. I also don't think it would be too time consuming or difficult to organise.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Not tagged, ouch :p I'd be interested though :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci