• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pokemon Showdown OU Tourney

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Ign(Minecraft): Kigrope (I use my forum name on Pokeshowdown though)
Do you agree to the rules?: Yes.
Can you make the event?: For now, yes, if anything comes up Ill be sure to update you here.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What is OU? Lol
Okay. 'OU', short for overused, is the most popular format of competitive pokemon. It's basically a set of rules which are aimed at creating an environment where no strategy or pokemon is overpowered. It's also one of several 'tiers' set out by smogon, which effectively rank pokemon based on their merits. The main tiers are, in order, Uber, OU, UU (underused), RU (rarelyused) and NU (neverused). In an OU match you would be allowed to use any pokemon from OU or below- you could use a Scizor or a Weavile but not a Mewtwo, since Mewtwo is in the Uber tier. There are also several other rules, some tier specific, all aimed at creating the most competitive environment possible. A tier list for X and Y can be found here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/pokemon-showdown-ou-tourney.112841/

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
By the way, I know Mega Gengar is banned, but regular Gengar is allowed on OU right? I cant remember.

EyeHasNoIdea

Career
Reaction score
IMO each round should be best of 3 in order to mitigate the role hax and team matchup play. Also, I love that you have the 3 mons with baton pass rule. I completely agree, and it shows that you're aware of what smogon are up to, so props for that.
Eh... Maybe in the future, but for this tournament one round is fine. People will probably forget to save replays so second rounds might happen.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
By the way anyone knows of a good time converter (I guess you say it like that? :p) form e to check at what time it would be where I live?

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Ign(Minecraft):Tyler773
Do you agree to the rules?: Yes, I do.
Can you make the event?: Yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member