• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Positive Reinforcement: A Realistic Approach to Our Community

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys! Let's be real here, if I ask any of you reading this thread if you've seen a thread bashing the community, the staff, or just the servers in general, you'd all be pretty confidently saying yes. That's a slight problem to me.

While drawing attention to the negatives in situation does highlight what needs to be corrected, it also outweighs the positives in situations. If you got a little lost in that last sentence, think of it like this: the two main methods of change are shunning negative behavior or to encourage positive behavior. A solid mixture of both is exactly what I feel we need to realize that our community isn't nearly as bad as we make it seem like it is. When's the last time you've seen someone make a thread about how great our community is and highlighting the right that it does? I can't recall the last time I've seen one and that's not a good thing.

Overall, we need to look more closely at the nice things that people do to make the community better. While we complain about someone saying "gg10 rekt nerd" after a fight, we could be looking at the times where someone has helped us take out a team while you're playing alone or the times where someone helped you out by sponsoring you and ender pearl to get away from a team. It often seems like the nice people don't represent our community as much as the negative, rotten apples of our community. That's a big problem.

With a healthy balance of constructively pointing out the negatives our community and encouraging the good behavior of our community, I feel like we could start back on the path to the fun times we all remember from..."The Good Ol' Days"

(This is the awkward part of the thread where I kinda ended it in a somewhat-dramatic way and now want to mention that sharing the good of our community is welcomed on this thread, whether it be a screenshot or just a story)

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I agree 100% Be a good person guys. It's a competitive game, but that doesn't mean you can't be classy. Everyone likes that guy that helps everyone. Don't be a sour apple and be a jerk. It's the internet and we don't know who you are, but you know who you are and what you're doing. You're hurting real people when you're doing this. Let's change the mood of the community, one person at a time.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
One giant up arrow to Braden for pointing it out. What people commonly fail to understand is that pointing out issues may be what gets things done, but excessive complaining and negative reinforcement only does two things. It first created distaste from people on opposite sides of these "arguments", which can be seen in these negative threads- with community and staff members getting into arguments that don't need to happen, and second it just creates more anger. If one person complains about a bug excessively, that starts to affect others who then begin to complain and the complaining and negative attitudes just expand exponentially, which blows the problems in the first place way out of proportion.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i don't care i just want a good anticheat
Remember what Braden was saying about "positive reinforcement? Yeah, this isn't it. Whining about the anticheat will get you nowhere. Keep in mind that the developers have been working on it for some time now. For the amount of time they've spent on it, do you not agree that the anticheat will be that much better when it comes out?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Remember what Braden was saying about "positive reinforcement? Yeah, this isn't it. Whining about the anticheat will get you nowhere. Keep in mind that the developers have been working on it for some time now. For the amount of time they've spent on it, do you not agree that the anticheat will be that much better when it comes out?
I feel like they did already release the newest anti-cheat like a month or so ago? Although I have not noticed a difference really.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I feel like they did already release the newest anti-cheat like a month or so ago? Although I have not noticed a difference really.
From what I understood with information from staff members, it was only a temporary fix. I could be wrong, however. I don't play the game, so I don't have firsthand experience with anticheat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci