• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

POTIONS! (and 1.4 things)

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
Well now that 1.4 is already almost here, they have two new potions; the night vision and invisible potion. What I'm saying is that there should be potions that are already here in the chests! Also in 1.4 you should put mob heads in chests since mobs are disabled and also the potions and leather armor dye

TrevorBrown

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that would be a good idea, but there is an issue with that. Potions in the game would make it unfair. If someone were to get a potion of swiftness, they could just sprint away from danger at any time. If you drank a potion of strength, then it won't be fair to kill. Fire resistance - that would kind of make flint and steel useless. Invisible potions - well we know why there. ;) I'll bet my bottom dollar that some hackers could abuse splash potions as well, plus they get annoying and such.
That's just my opinion. I love the idea, but sometimes you have to explain why thing's don't work, ya know? Like I said, good idea. Maybe! ;)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think that would be a good idea, but there is an issue with that. Potions in the game would make it unfair. If someone were to get a potion of swiftness, they could just sprint away from danger at any time. If you drank a potion of strength, then it won't be fair to kill. Fire resistance - that would kind of make flint and steel useless. Invisible potions - well we know why there. ;) I'll bet my bottom dollar that some hackers could abuse splash potions as well, plus they get annoying and such.
That's just my opinion. I love the idea, but sometimes you have to explain why thing's don't work, ya know? Like I said, good idea. Maybe! ;)
Umm...

If you drank a potion of strength, then it won't be fair to kill.
No... that's like saying that diamonds shouldn't be allowed to be obtained because a person with a diamond sword killing a person with an iron sword is an unfair kill.

Swiftness is only a minor boost, if you know your way around the map you can easily short cut your way in front of them.

Invisible potions wouldn't be overpowered either due to the fact that you can see armour and items in hand whilst invisible.

Fire resistance potions do put flint and steel skills to shame, so they should be rare if added.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
its gonna be awesome when we can die leather armor :D gonna kill a load of squids and die my stuff black

Reaction score
I like the armor idea. Add dyes to chests, or let us break flowers. Then we can go MLG camo mode in the trees with our green armor

TrevorBrown

Survivor
Reaction score
Umm...

No... that's like saying that diamonds shouldn't be allowed to be obtained because a person with a diamond sword killing a person with an iron sword is an unfair kill.

Swiftness is only a minor boost, if you know your way around the map you can easily short cut your way in front of them.

Invisible potions wouldn't be overpowered either due to the fact that you can see armour and items in hand whilst invisible.

Fire resistance potions do put flint and steel skills to shame, so they should be rare if added.
You have a point. I guess I thought they could have been unfair, but I kind of realize that it would be pretty cool. Could we perhaps add splash potions of poison and stuff?

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like there to be potions of instant damage in the cornocopia only. This means ONLY in the corn. Not in tier 2 chests around the map either. Also, I agree that there should be dyes in chests, though I don't really see the point of it :D :p Invisibility potion.....not so much.
Umm..

Well, you can take of your armor and kill someone.......

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Invisibility potion.....not so much. Well, you can take of your armor and kill someone.......
With your bare fists? That would take 20 hits (20 hits if the person being hit is not in armour). Sure you'd win if both players are unarmed but that's what it is, an advantage.

Aesthetics can be used as a point for the leather. It wouldn't be a priority but just an added feature for fun.

NO for instant damage, but YES for poison tier 1. Instant damage is too OP, even if you just have 1 splash potions of it because... seriously, instant damage that goes through armour? >.<

Poison yes because, and we can add buckets/buckets of milk in chests, so we can find cows and use that to negate poison effects, so you have some chance against it like water is to flint and steel.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Night vision is no good. People could take screenshots with full bright and say they are using the potion

Dirky_Jerky

Tribute
Reaction score
With this they should allow roses and dandelions to be broken and able to be picked up; and be able to pick up ink sacs so you can dye your armor :D
Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Black, White (Bones), Gray, and Light Gray

Reaction score
With this they should allow roses and dandelions to be broken and able to be picked up; and be able to pick up ink sacs so you can dye your armor :D
Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Black, White (Bones), Gray, and Light Gray
Maybe add green/ light green to chests? I want tree colored armor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci