• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Protecting Yourself From a DDoS Attack

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
It's sad that people DDoS over a block game.

Anyway, if you don't want to be DDoS'd then don't make anyone angry :)

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Only reason it seems common in AU is because we are a small community where everyone knows eachother and there are around 5 main people that do it, 4 attack people and one has taken down mcsg a few times.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moved to the Community Guides section. :)

Felipe

Platinum
Reaction score
Ask your ISP to switch from a static IP to a dynamic IP? I see how that would resolve DDoS issues, but that's a bit absurd.

Here's a two-step solution that solves all your wonderful DDoS woes:

1. Ask your ISP to RELEASE your current IP if you have a static IP. Having a static IP might be beneficial for you down the line. If you have a dynamic IP, manually release your IP or reset your modem until you're assigned a new IP.

2. Buy a VPN, use it and forget about people DDoSing you.

Rinse and repeat if you find that someone's snagged your real IP.
Yes. Your information and IronOres was exremely helpful. And I have a tip of my own. DON'T GIVE YOUR SKYPE OUT PUBLICLY!

Felipe

Platinum
Reaction score
Ask your ISP to switch from a static IP to a dynamic IP? I see how that would resolve DDoS issues, but that's a bit absurd.

Here's a two-step solution that solves all your wonderful DDoS woes:

1. Ask your ISP to RELEASE your current IP if you have a static IP. Having a static IP might be beneficial for you down the line. If you have a dynamic IP, manually release your IP or reset your modem until you're assigned a new IP.

2. Buy a VPN, use it and forget about people DDoSing you.

Rinse and repeat if you find that someone's snagged your real IP.
Yes. Your information and IronOres was exremely helpful. And I have a tip of my own. DON'T GIVE YOUR SKYPE OUT PUBLICLY!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci