• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PvP Tips and Strategies Guide

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Intro

Ok guys, before anyone jumps in and says, "dis guide sucks you suck suck suckyti suck i ahte you die in a fire," this guide wasn't meant for pro players. It's meant for newbie players who are new to (or are bad at) PvP.

General Strategies
  • If you see someone climbing a ladder or vine, get under them and attack them. You can attack their feet and they can't attack you. Note: If your attacking them and they reach the top and it's very high up, don't keep attacking. Chances are, they'll smack you right in the face and you're going to fall down and break some bones.
  • Fist fighting - If someone is fist fighting you, feel free to fist fight back. However, you should not target people to fist fight because most of the time it takes away time where you could be grabbing chests with food, armor, and weapons.
  • Eat golden apples, they can really help.
Fighting in the Sea

• Go under the enemy to attack them, it helps a lot.
  • Use bows, they are extremely efficient in the water
Fighting on Land
  • If someone with decent armor and weapon is chasing you, try using a flint and steel to burn them.
  • Use a bow if you can, but don't use it if they're very close to you
  • Don't back yourself into a corner, try to back the ENEMY in a corner
  • If you're fighting on open land, try to swerve (or run around) the enemy and attack them from the side.
  • Jump a lot, criticals are important
  • If someone just killed another person and is sorting through the loot, try attacking them then. Sneak attacks are one of the best things you can do in MCSG.
Weapons

Fists -> Gold Sword -> Wood Sword -> Stone Sword -> Iron Sword -> Diamond Sword -> Bow + Arrow

Note: Gold swords and wood swords do the same amount of damage, but gold swords have less durability, which is why I put it before wood sword.

Armour

Leather Armor -> Gold Armor -> Chain Armor -> Iron Armor -> Diamond Armor (rare on SG)

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES <3

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You left out all the axes in the weapons category....

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You assumed gold was worse than wood... (Doesn't gold hit twice as fast, if I'm wrong, sorryyyyy. D: )

Oh and great guide. c:

Jetscat1

Survivor
Reaction score
Fist fighting - If someone is fist fighting you, feel free to fist fight back. However, you should not target people to fist fight because most of the time it takes away time where you could be grabbing chests with food, armor, and weapons.
I disagree with this. It takes a tremendous amount of time too successfully fist someone to death. I could kind of see what you mean if their following you throughout your entire route; but that still doesn't make sense, hence most likely you'll just get a weapon in one of your chests, or you'll just out run them. Route > Unnecessary PvP.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You assumed gold was worse than wood... (Doesn't gold hit twice as fast, if I'm wrong, sorryyyyy. D: )

Oh and great guide. c:
Gold deals the same damage as wood, swings at the same speed, has less durability, and has much better enchants.

Jacob720

Spectator
Reaction score
Thx, for the tips i am always dieing so maybe this could make a differance :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think its necessary :L. Oh and, the shovels and pickaxes! They do more than half damage, btw.
Axes would be necessary, tbh.

Fists > Wood Axe > Wood Sword > Stone axe > Stone Sword

And then continue on as normal. It's pointless crafting diamond or iron axes, they require more materials, and do half a heart less damage...

And they don't last for as much hits either.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Axes would be necessary, tbh.

Fists > Wood Axe > Wood Sword > Stone axe > Stone Sword

And then continue on as normal. It's pointless crafting diamond or iron axes, they require more materials, and do half a heart less damage...

And they don't last for as much hits either.
A stone axe does the same amount of damage as a wood sword. I'm not sure of it's durability, but the sword allows for blocking if ever needed. Personally, I use the wood sword over the stone axe.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
A stone axe does the same amount of damage as a wood sword. I'm not sure of it's durability, but the sword allows for blocking if ever needed. Personally, I use the wood sword over the stone axe.
Stone axe has better durability, and I never block anyways, so I suppose stone axe works better for me. Depends on your playstyle, I guess.

Jacob720

Spectator
Reaction score
k thx for the axes i am always useing stone axes because i never find swords :D

happy survival games

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci