• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quake Pro? Good or Bad?

Do you use QuakePro?

• Yes, it's epic!!

Votes: 89 67.4%
  • No, it sucks...

Votes: 43 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I played with Quake Pro for my whole Minecraft "career" and just recently I tried playing on Normal FOV in Third Person Mode. It was intensely alien-feeling but I still ended up wrecking everybody in the game so check it out on my Youtube :p

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I use just the normal, default FOV. I tried quake pro once...and even though I realize the advantages it gives, I don't find it necessary at all and it just gave me a headache. It's like how I always use the mouse wheel to switch between weapons in a battle: Although there is a "better way", I find it far easier to just stick to what's easy and what works. I can still just check around me all the time, I can still just use the scroll wheel as quickly as the numbered keys...I can still be just as effective without putting myself through headaches and temporary absolute failure. Plus, it teaches me to be smart about checking around myself often.

I also find it beneficial as many people prefer watching videos that aren't in quake pro. (not all, but many.) If I ever decide to record videos, it's nice to be able to feel normal when fighting while also getting a decent recording. Also nice because the 99% of Minecraft videos out there are normal, so I don't get a headache watching them. :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use just the normal, default FOV. I tried quake pro once...and even though I realize the advantages it gives, I don't find it necessary at all and it just gave me a headache. It's like how I always use the mouse wheel to switch between weapons in a battle: Although there is a "better way", I find it far easier to just stick to what's easy and what works. I can still just check around me all the time, I can still just use the scroll wheel as quickly as the numbered keys...I can still be just as effective without putting myself through headaches and temporary absolute failure. Plus, it teaches me to be smart about checking around myself often.
Same. It is just weird feeling and I don't want to be crippled for a bit to potentially make myself a tiny bit better.

kacool

Tribute
Reaction score
I really like QP. I think it helps your aim, and your sprint jumping!

Stunt_PIg

Experienced
Reaction score
Im fine with using both, but i use quake pro must of the time.
I think it all depends on what monitor you use.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
youi move so slow without quake pro... and it increases your field of view...
Its a no brainer uses Quake pro

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Normal is too close up and gives me a headache. Quake pro is too slanted to a point where it's hard to appreciate the actual architecture. I find it good to use a high FOV because you can see more of your surroundings with the flick of a mouse. F5 is still helpful tho. I play on 105 because it has the same effects of QP but is a little less harsh. It's easy to be blindsided on a low FOV.

Reaction score
I use around 95-100. I tried Quake Pro, but I just didn't like the look of it. The default just seems way to compact for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci