• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Question for the devs.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
By now it is no secret that V2 was release too early, and it probably should have been done in phases rather than one big boom. But that is all over, and the devs did well to get the network relatively stable within a week or two after. As long as it doesn't happen again, the devs can surely be forgiven for that.

However, there is another issue I see that I either want a reasonable explanation to, or I would like to see the devs fix. There are still tons of bugs since V2's release, however it seems to me that the devs seem to be adding more, rather that fixing the current stuff. Since the V2 release, the network has gotten a credits shop, and more recently seasonal gamemodes, spleef and snowball fighting. The credits shop seems pretty cool, and is definitely a great addition to the server. As for spleef and snowball, I really don't know what is going on, it seems broken, but IDK maybe it's just me.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is why are new features getting added when the current network still has major bugs? Since the release of MCG V2 MCTF2 has seen a major glitch where Pyros instant kill. This ruins the game as they can just spawn kill everyone. I also don't know why they haven't disable Pyro as a temporary patch, but that is a discussion for another day. Additionally, Deadly Descent has fall damage enabled in the lobby, and if you die you are spawned in a regular MC world, except with tons of structures spawned everywhere. (I am not even sure if they fixed the in game glitches either) For Deadly Descent being new to the network, this is especially bad as it gives players a bad first impression of a very fun game. Unless there is something I am missing, it seems like there is no reason why all the devs couldn't be focusing their attention on fixing the current issues rather than working on new ones. Surely some are working on bugs, but when bugs are as big as the MCTF2 and DD ones, you would the entire team's priority would be to get it fixed, rather than only some?

Well, anyway that's my rant. Don't want this to come off rude or anything, I just was wondering why this is happening, and if there is a good reason then that's great. If not, could the devs please fix some of my favorite gamemodes, before adding new cool stuff?

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
One lobby full of donors, 1 VIP, some Iron, gold and diamond donors, the Other ones are platinum.
Platinum can't kick Iron, gold and diamonds.
#MCSGLogic

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
One lobby full of donors, 1 VIP, some Iron, gold and diamond donors, the Other ones are platinum.
Platinum can't kick Iron, gold and diamonds.
#MCSGLogic
That's a bug as well.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There is more to this than meets the eye, but I agree! If we don't have devs split into teams to work on separate things, we should be doing that as long as it doesn't hinder the progress of things like our leaderboard update, etc. good idea c:

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There is more to this than meets the eye, but I agree! If we don't have devs split into teams to work on separate things, we should be doing that as long as it doesn't hinder the progress of things like our leaderboard update, etc. good idea c:
Thing is, there is a pile of bugs to fix and pile of new features to make, the difference is, is that the pile of new features and tweaks get done first rather than fixing the pile of bugs that need attention.
"Yay, a new leaderboard, how exciting, now if only I could play on this and that server"
"Yay, a new hub feature, still waiting to be able to play on this and that server though"
"yay, a new SG feature, still waiting to play on the other servers though, maybe NOW they will fix it"
"oh look, another MCG update, well..... more of a hub + MCSG update, but ok, next time maybe......"

Gamemodes get broken -> never get fixed -> no one plays it -> waste of server space and money
Gamesmodes get broken -> gets fixed -> people start to play on it -> staff bring more attention to the said server -> more players play on it -> no longer waster of server space or money

That's the problem, you put new features first instead of making workable servers. QQ had such a big hype, now look at it...... MCTF2 was a growing community, now look at it. There's always so much hype for new servers, then as soon as it is out, it like "Forget that server, come look at SG! New maps!!"

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Funny how you are still posting about MCTF2
I haven't in a while... But yeah, it still hasn't been fixed 1.5 years later. If it ever gets CTF, king of the hill, and leaderboards I will go crazy.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing but never knew about these weird glitches concerning dd and tf2 wow thanks for sharing!

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I wish the update threads would make a return ;-;
We could actually see progress being made then...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci