• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quick Question for Wii Owners.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey! So my friend recently bought Super Smash Bros Brawl (finally) and I want to have him over and help unlock all the stuff. But I would need his save file, since I have my own and Wii discs are read-only.

So here's the plan: he MOVES his "save" onto an SD card, brings that to my house, and we use either copy of the game. Meanwhile, I MOVE my save onto another card so it's out of the way. Then, he could return home, MOVE his save back onto his Wii, and I'll do the same.

Would that work? Would we both keep our progress in the game?

(btw should I buy a Wii U?)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Im not sure if that would work but Brawl is my favorite Smash! Now when it comes to buying the Wii U, I wouldn't I would buy an Xbox one or PS 4 and if you really aren't into that I would just wait for the NX and hope thats better than the Wii U.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I did something similar to this when I played with a pal, I think it should work, though not 100% sure.

edit: Yes, get the Wii U, it's worth it.

Off topic, but why get Brawl now? The community is pretty dead anyway :p

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I did something similar to this when I played with a pal, I think it should work, though not 100% sure.

edit: Yes, get the Wii U, it's worth it.

Off topic, but why get Brawl now? The community is pretty dead anyway :p
My friend doesn't own a Wii U either, and I really wanted him to enjoy a game I play a lot now. Living without some sort of Smash game isn't truly living :p

Reactions: Yin

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey! So my friend recently bought Super Smash Bros Brawl (finally) and I want to have him over and help unlock all the stuff. But I would need his save file, since I have my own and Wii discs are read-only.

So here's the plan: he MOVES his "save" onto an SD card, brings that to my house, and we use either copy of the game. Meanwhile, I MOVE my save onto another card so it's out of the way. Then, he could return home, MOVE his save back onto his Wii, and I'll do the same.

Would that work? Would we both keep our progress in the game?

(btw should I buy a Wii U?)
That would work. You know how to take the save out of the Wii and to transfer onto the card, right?

AND GET THE WII U, SMASH 4 IS BETTER.

Grapegapplesauce

Platinum
Reaction score
Now SSB Brawl is just plain boring to me . I would reccomend getting a Wii U. Totally worth it

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
No idea about the saves thing, but I loved playing SSBB when I was like 10, it was by far the best Wii game ever made (but Super Paper Mario is pretty damn close). Man, it's been a long time since I've used my Wii.... I don't even know where it is anymore.

As for buying a Wii U, it's up to you. You should look at price, what games you want, and overall how worth it it will be to buy it. (Will you get enough use out of it that it's worth the money you paid for it?). I personally wouldn't buy one, but that's just my preference. You should do what you want, but again, take that stuff in to consideration first.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
No idea about the saves thing, but I loved playing SSBB when I was like 10, it was by far the best Wii game ever made (but Super Paper Mario is pretty damn close). Man, it's been a long time since I've used my Wii.... I don't even know where it is anymore.

As for buying a Wii U, it's up to you. You should look at price, what games you want, and overall how worth it it will be to buy it. (Will you get enough use out of it that it's worth the money you paid for it?). I personally wouldn't buy one, but that's just my preference. You should do what you want, but again, take that stuff in to consideration first.
Melee is the best smash game lol

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Melee is the best smash game lol
No please

I'm getting PTSD from all the flame wars I've seen :eek:

That would work. You know how to take the save out of the Wii and to transfer onto the card, right?

AND GET THE WII U, SMASH 4 IS BETTER.
Yeah, that's easy stuff.

and yes, I know Smash 4 is awesome, I know it like the back of my hand. It's always fun to read up about it and sub to guys like Omni and Zero <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci