• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quitting threads lmfao

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
If this was me 7 months ago, I would've absolutely agreed no doubt, although I've changed and realized there's more meaning behind these threads.

A good friend of mine wrote a goodbye thread, and I was heartbroken. What was written on there couldn't be written in a status update. It was really nice, and that changed my mind on the whole "Please don't post quitting threads thing." They might not mean much to you, but they mean something to a lot of people, I'd say the best way to handle a quitting thread is if you want to read it read it, if you don't don't.

TL;DR

They're not hard to ignore, if you're not interested in it ignore it.
Hm, that is true. There's been a few goodbye threads that I've seen that are much, much better on a thread that on a status update. Though, I'm sure if it was that good, the thread was obviously longer than 140 characters so It really doesn't makes it spam whatsoever.

Maybe, its just me, but I like to keep things to myself. if I'm going to leave, I rather say goodbye to those people in private that in public.

If I had such endearing words to say, I guess I'd make a thread for them —or just say them privately and keep it more intimate.

You're absolutely right on it, definitely. Making threads that can be easily made for a status update can be quite redundant, especially when one does not have much to say.
Also, with what you have said about reminiscing memories, it is quite nice reading one's story throughout their time in the MCGamer network, but it's just me. c:

(Also, I'm not from America. ;3)
Not from The United States. I'm from a country below it called Mexico.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think threads that say goodbye with a story are fine. However a thread just saying "bye" would be appropriate for just a status message.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
You introduce yourself in the community corner; you say good bye in the community corner. All the arguments made against good bye threads here could also be made for introduction threads. Most of the time when people introduce themselves, they don't do much on the forums and probably won't get more than 100 posts.

The community corner is supposed to give everyone a chance to know what is going on with other people, and a well-known or semi well-known player leaving the community certainly qualifies as such. I think a lot of the frustration with these threads is simply that we typically have no idea who the person is, but there are usually at least a few people who do and are actually interested. Remember, you don't have to click on those threads. I don't.

People have mentioned that players often come back after "leaving," which can be very confusing or frustrating. However, nobody notices when people say they are going to leave and actually leave for good. If you look at all the good bye threads that have ever been made, you will notice that a vast majority have indeed left, though not perhaps immediately.

Of course, there are the good bye threads that are something along the lines of "bye nerds cs go time," in which case nobody really wanted to see that, and it should have been a status update. A farewell thread should be complex and long enough to not fit into a status update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci