• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Random spawned Chests

Good Idea?

• Nah...

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Preloa

Tribute
Reaction score
Having the chest always at the same position is kinda boring. Also i wanna see winning the Guys with the best Surviving and PvP skills, not the ones that play most and know every single Chest and which route to take when.That would be more Survival Games like.
So what about spawning every new round the Chest at random places?
You would have to look for the chests like you did in your first round and not just walk your boring Chest route.
I know there are much people who like there chest routes and the actual Survival games.
But what about 2-5 Servers in that style?

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
First of all: Finally someone not asking for completely randomized maps but only randomized chests :D I kind of like the idea, though I also like my chestroute.... Anyway.... Willkommen im Forum, ich hoffe, du hast Spaß bei uns

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
(Any other mod, my mobile device for the interwebs stops the Deleting Script, could you please take care of my double post?)

Thisnothend

Survivor
Reaction score
personally i wouldnt like this because it could just be that 1 person gets really lucky and gets like 5 chests instantly and will also remove some of the skill, knowing where chests are and having a route for them adds to the meta game
having a few servers randomised could work though depending on how hard the code would be

Preloa

Tribute
Reaction score
You could make them spawn atleast 50-100 Blocks away from corn.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about such things, but i think this would be really frickin hard to code.

Alternatively, one could have several versions of the same map with different chest layouts for a similar effects, but then again, it would take a ton of work to do. I've helped place chests on some maps and no, it's not a quick process.

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm not going to comment on the randomly spawning chest idea, because honestly I don't know what to think. When a person has a good chest route, they also have to be good at PVP. My favorite thing to do is to find somebody who got a good chest but is bad at PVP and put them to shame. Just because somebody has good stuff doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot kill them, plus the reward is higher if you do.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
To fix this suggested plugin would take time. Why don't you find a chest route yourself? This would ruin the special MCSG feeling.

NEVER EVER

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We can keep the chests we have now and also add this.
You'll have to have it so that they cannot spawn within 25 blocks of another chest.

Pretty neat idea, I like it. :p

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. And when comes "Survival skills" in? For this suggestion you need "Lucky skills" That not actual is skills! And if you have "Lucky Skills" you dont need any more "Pvp Skills" for winning. The things in the chest is random! You dont need to get good things if you have a good chestroute. (I have a chestroute of 4 tier 2 and 7 tier 1 chests, and one time I got all of them, I ended up with full gold and a stone sword! That is not really good vs some not so good, but not bad team with full armor twisted with iron, chain and gold and on guy with iron sword and the other with diamond! When they are camping at spawn! One of them had a lockout when the other took the chests refill.) I forgot that isnt the topic. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci