• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) Current Issues & Community/Staff Tension

itchy

Survivor
Reaction score
" You know what happened when we implemented what the community wanted?"

You didn't the devs did. Just because you're a moderator doesn't mean that you did a single thing to help roll out the leaderboard update..

Shadowed

Diamond
Reaction score
Too add on about hackers, I feel that some players get banned when they were not hacking.Recently, I feel that their should be more than one mod watching all the vidence before banning a specific player or "rule breaker".Yes, I know mods have to look after other "Rule breakers", but some of the good players are getting banned for so called "Hacking".I think you should consider the 1.8 hits and reach.Some players get banned for "Hacking", when they are simply not.Most of the legit but, their ping and 1.8 hits and reach also contributes to their "

J

District 13
Reaction score
That doesn't add to the discussion in any way at all, oh and of course you also agree you are a staff member..
Just because I'm a staff member I have to agree with everything? No, I'm a human as well meaning I don't have to agree with lots of things. To be honest, there were many actions in the staff team that I don't agree with because I look at it from a player's POV, not a staff member.

Also, the stats reset was voted by everyone so regardless of forum users and in-game user, it was still the majority of the community that voted for it.

Regarding your third point in your previous post, we lock threads because some threads break the rules. We lock threads that are rather pointless, but we do allow discussion among the forums, however, there is a limit where we allow the discussion go to, when that limit is reached, we decided to lock it as it can cause more arguments that are unneeded in it. If you ever feel like a thread was wrongfully locked, you can DM a staff member and they will rethink their decision on it. We accept all kinds of opinions, however, usually the negative opinions are just "more mods to ban hackers, need to limit teams, ugh I hate MCSG, etc." they don't tell us anything which is why we lock those kind of threads. We accept criticism because we try to improve but we won't accept pointless opinions because we can't learn anything from it.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
" You know what happened when we implemented what the community wanted?"

You didn't the devs did. Just because you're a moderator doesn't mean that you did a single thing to help roll out the leaderboard update..
"We" as in the collective effort ofcthe staff team. It doesn't matter who specifically.

Edit: ReallyTheRyan what you said is probably true, however I've been here long enough watching all this unfold and want to do something about it. However the people don't want to put in the effort change, then they have no right to complain and things will just continue down this downward spiral.

Last edited:

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Just because I'm a staff member I have to agree with everything? No, I'm a human as well meaning I don't have to agree with lots of things. To be honest, there were many actions in the staff team that I don't agree with because I look at it from a player's POV, not a staff member.

Also, the stats reset was voted by everyone so regardless of forum users and in-game user, it was still the majority of the community that voted for it.

Regarding your third point in your previous post, we lock threads because some threads break the rules. We lock threads that are rather pointless, but we do allow discussion among the forums, however, there is a limit where we allow the discussion go to, when that limit is reached, we decided to lock it as it can cause more arguments that are unneeded in it. If you ever feel like a thread was wrongfully locked, you can DM a staff member and they will rethink their decision on it. We accept all kinds of opinions, however, usually the negative opinions are just "more mods to ban hackers, need to limit teams, ugh I hate MCSG, etc." they don't tell us anything which is why we lock those kind of threads. We accept criticism because we try to improve but we won't accept pointless opinions because we can't learn anything from it.
Ok, why was boboy's atheism thread deleted, yet you allow homosexuality? My post about how no one cares about your sexuality was deleted? Anything that isn't politically correct or unsensitive is silenced unfairly.

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
Not bad, my man. You seem to be the first staff member that has actually attempted to make a huge change

Kryptiic

Tribute
Reaction score
To be honest, it isn't our fault that there is a miscommunication, we post all of our problems on the forums but most of the time, you either lock the thread or reply saying "Good idea, will bring it up to a Sr.Mod." When it never happens. Also, you did say that ideas like these have came up in the past and you answered them already, but what about the new players who know nothing about those problems.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, why was boboy's atheism thread deleted, yet you allow homosexuality? My post about how no one cares about your sexuality was deleted? Anything that isn't politically correct or unsensitive is silenced unfairly.
I'm not too sure about that as I wasn't the one who deleted those threads, but if they message a mod about it, the moderators should tell them why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci