• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reasons for Thread Locks and Deletions

Helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Due to a recent influx in users claiming Moderators have deleted or locked their thread for "No Reason" bad2020 and I have chosen to create this thread.

Locking of your Thread:

• NecroPosting

• Excessive Amounts of Flame/Heated Arguments

• Spam Bots

• Disbanded/Inactive Clans

• Wrong Location (sometimes)

• Requested by Thread Creator

• Non - Constructive Criticism

• Redirect

• Responding in a Report Abuse

Thread Deletion:

• Spamming Flooding

• Double location (two of the same thread)

• Back-talking or arguing about staff decisions

• Pointless or Unnecessary

• Abusive towards players

• Disrespecting Staff

• Disrespecting other players

• Large Amounts of Foul Language/Inappropriate

• Threatening or harmful language or content/Death Threats

• Advertising

• Selling anything not approved

• Spambots

• Large amounts of flame

• Reposting

• Multi-Posting

• Excessive Bumping

• Inappropriate content (pictures)

• Inappropriate profiles or quotes (may lead to a forum ban

• Plagiarism

• Question Answered (Usually General Support)

• Racism

• Derogatory or insulting others

• Abusive Pictures

• Accusing or blaming players

• Revealing personal information

• Starting unnecessary drama

• Reposting a deleted or locked thread

Thanks for reading everyone!

Note to all Staff Members: If you feel anything should be changed, or edited/removed DM me before editing it yourself!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
A suggestion? Have the mod pm you the reason for deleting the thread as it can be unclear sometimes. I like that list you provided, but mods always tell you why they lock a thread. If you're saying it was locked for no reason, it means you disagree with the reason, not that you don't know why. Just throwing that out there.

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
A suggestion? Have the mod pm you the reason for deleting the thread as it can be unclear sometimes. I like that list you provided, but mods always tell you why they lock a thread. If you're saying it was locked for no reason, it means you disagree with the reason, not that you don't know why. Just throwing that out there.
I understand, but people still complain, as well as it is a good list for newer forumers.

BAGHRB A SpamBot is an automatic bot that joins the forums, and posts a random giberish thread, that makes no sense, with links, and clickable words, that redirect you to a website that either steals your information, logs your IP Address, or trys to make you purchase something(usually a rip off, or scam)
They also typically will give you Viruses as well.

All threads they post get moved from public view, and deleted nearly instantly, and the forum bot is typically forum banned within 24 hours.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Good idea, I will start doing this from now on ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion!

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Ty for making this, but it's off topic necroposting right? Sometimes necroposts still add to the discussion, are those still ok? :c

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Nope, Not the last time I checked!
i just looked on the rules and found this

4. Do not grave-dig/necropost: Posting on old threads that serve no purpose is unnecessary and gives people unneeded alerts.

• If a thread has gone one month without any new posts, it is considered old and posting on it will be considered necroposting.
  • If the thread is still relevant and important, necroposting on it is allowed.
  • If the thread has a new update, necroposting on it is allowed.
although i did phrase it differently

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
i just looked on the rules and found this

4. Do not grave-dig/necropost: Posting on old threads that serve no purpose is unnecessary and gives people unneeded alerts.

• If a thread has gone one month without any new posts, it is considered old and posting on it will be considered necroposting.
  • If the thread is still relevant and important, necroposting on it is allowed.
  • If the thread has a new update, necroposting on it is allowed.
Ah
For serious necro(threads for 2014) I don't think that applys
But I guess I learned something new ^.^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci