• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Recording Software - no FPS drops!

William

District 13
Reaction score
Tired of having to record and lose FPS? You fought against a hacker and you weren't recording?

Then I suggest trying out a program called "Raptr."
Link to the site: -snip-
Download the program and make an user!

Now I'll try to break down the program in a very simple way: (note that I only have experience in using the "Save Highlight" feature)

You open the application up, if you can't find it after opening it, it can be found here:

Now that you have your application open, it should look like this:

Here you basically have the full overview of what the program can do. You have "Highlight Clips" which is a function that saves the last up to 20 minutes of gameplay. You can use Twitch to stream through it and you can also record gameplay like you would with Fraps/Dxtory.

You can see it says "On" on Highlights Clips. This means when I launch a game it will show this in the top left corner: That is how you save your gameplay.

Here is how you change how long the Highlight Clips function will save:
Drag your mouse over "Video Capture" you will get this:

Click on this:

That will bring you on to this:

Here you can basically change how long you want the Highlight to be, you can enable to have your own microphone recorded etc. You can also change the Quality, in the "Quality" section. Last but not least, you can chose which folder they are in.

This is currently my Quality settings:

Want to easily view your Highlights? Then you click on this:

"Share my videos" will bring up this:

Then you can easily press a video and it will play!

The program also makes it a bit easier to keep up with your games since it has its own library:
You can find that here:

This was my breakdown on how I record if something funny happens in game or if I fight a hacker. I currently do not lose any FPS this way. I have used this program for almost half a year and I can't say anything else that I am really liking it! Hopefully this helps you record easier! Ask me questions if you're having trouble with something :D

Last edited by a moderator:

R4INB0W

Experienced
Reaction score
That looks pretty cool but I prefer Action! But I'll try "Raptr" too.

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
Can I trust this software ? xD My computer is already pretty harmed :((
I know exactly what you need to get rid of all harmful things on your PC
AdwCleaner looks at your WHOLE PC and gets rid of EVERYTHING harmful in less then 5 minutes. (https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/)

Just download it, exit out of everything but adwcleaner, and start the clean. Then once you finish cleaning, you will be shown a button to delete it off your system when your done using it :)

William

District 13
Reaction score
Do I really have to make an account ? Or will it work without one ?
should work without one but if u want to share videos u need an account. I'd suggest just to make one. Takes a couple of minutes only so why not? You get points for in game time which you can redeem to map packs etc. :)

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm, might actually try this out! I'm a little bit confused as you claim that there is no FPS drop at all... Considering recording will always result in a FPS drop. However, I haven't tried it out yet so well see

William

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm, might actually try this out! I'm a little bit confused as you claim that there is no FPS drop at all... Considering recording will always result in a FPS drop. However, I haven't tried it out yet so well see
give it a try man! you'll be happy with it :D When I used fraps/dxtory I got around 100-150 fps, now I get more 250-400 so pretty happy

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
I don't get it, does it record constantly or does it record for 20 minutes and then deletes that and does another 20 minutes? What if you're recording something longer then 20 minutes?

William

District 13
Reaction score
I don't get it, does it record constantly or does it record for 20 minutes and then deletes that and does another 20 minutes? What if you're recording something longer then 20 minutes?
It records the whole game in the background, aka constantly but this programs seems to take away less FPS than Fraps/dxtory. You have 2 seperate features. 1 normal recording feature and 1 highlight clips feature. Normal recording feature is just like fraps/dxtory. Highlight clips feature makes it easier for you to find moments for you. for example you're recording a 45 min session of CSGO. You get an ace with an awp and you save it (ctrl+f2) you can easily find it in the folder you have it set to save the clips or view it in plays.tv

No it doesn't record for 20 minutes, for the save highlight thing it saves the amout of minutes you have in settings which can be up to 20 minutes

EDIT: As you record new sessions, the older ones expire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci