• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remembrance Day

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Hi, I'm AGFire2013, or Amber for those of you who don't know my name.
Today is Remembrance Day, a day respecting and paying tribute to those who survived and perished fighting for our freedom. A tradition is to wear poppies pinned onto clothes to represent the poppies that grew in the fields of war and to take a minute of silence for those who died fighting for us.
Ninety-six years ago today, World War I ended. A terrible conflict that took millions of lives, soldiers and civilians alike. World War II followed shortly, with 60 million people killed, over 2.5% of the world's population (during the course of WWII). To this day there are still wars being fought and lives being taken away from us.
All I ask of you is to take one minute out of your day to remember those who died for our freedom and lives we have today.
To remember those who once had a family like you do, a life with light and happiness.
Lest we forget.

Last edited:

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, apparently this kid at my school laughed during the 2 minutes of silence. Did this happen to anyone else or is my school just dumb?

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, apparently this kid at my school laughed during the 2 minutes of silence. Did this happen to anyone else or is my school just retarted?
While we're on the subject, apparently this kid at my school laughed during the 2 minutes of silence. Did this happen to anyone else or is my school just disrespect?
It's dumb and disrespectful.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Canadian Version:
Remembrance Day is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

American Version:
Veterans Day is an official United States holiday that honors people who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, also known as veterans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

They're both on the same day but in America, Veteran's Day honors Veterans, or those who served and lived. We have Memorial Day in May, where we remember those who died fighting. Just found it funny they were the same day but complete opposites.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here in PR, we celebrate Veterans Day. As mentioned above by IronOre, it's basically the same thing.

Thanks for mentioning this! I hope lots of people got to see it, as it's nice to remember and honor those who risk and sacrificed their lives for you and you're well-being.

My own cousin serves in the United States's armed forces, and it's a great feeling commemorating him. :D

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I think Veterans day (remembrance day) really should be a huge thing. It is, you could say, and my school puts on a really nice assembly and fundraiser every year, but I still feel like some people don't realize how grateful we should all be to veterans.

I absolutely cannot even imagine war, and the terrible things that come with fighting it. For these people to willingly enlist for the reason of helping their country, and the rest of us who are simply too chicken (I'm way too chicken- or I guess you could say duck :p), is incredible.

Who knows where we would be without the service of these amazing individuals.

No, it's the exact opposite.
Remembrance Day- Remember those who DIED
Veterans Day- Remember those who LIVED
Remembrance day in other countries is the same as veterans day here in the United States. It encompasses both those living and dead who have served in the military :) (thank you veterans day quiz for this information XD)

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, it's the exact opposite.
Remembrance Day- Remember those who DIED
Veterans Day- Remember those who LIVED
What I mean to say is that they're similar in the way that we honor those who serve or served to protect us.

Alive or dead, we're honoring our soldiers.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wars should never be fought, and they should never happen, but when they do there is a multitude of brave and gallant souls that are willing to sacrifice their lives for the safety and freedom of their fellow soldiers and men.

Relevant:
"In memory of all those from all nations who fought in the First World War."

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
how could i remember something if i wasn't there to see it?
why should i remember something if i wasn't there to see it?

thanks men of the armed forces for giving your time

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
how could i remember something if i wasn't there to see it?
By remember, most people would mean acknowledge and respect the actions of the men who have fought and died in wars.

why should i remember something if i wasn't there to see it?
Why? Because they are the reason why we are free and even alive. Because they have fought and even given up lives for our freedom today and deserve to be recognised for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci