• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removal of the new AU Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

47knight471

Career
Reaction score
I think that having 7 Asian servers are okay, because once exams are over or the holidays starts, there will be much more people playing.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah give it a while first but after that if they still aren't filling then probably get rid of a couple because I agree the AU community is less then half the US

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, by the weekend, I would suspect AU to be pretty much full. We always have huge peak numbers in the weekends, and as well as that, holidays in NZ start. So I'm going to say this: you might be right, Chad may have overshot the mark, but give it a little time. We're breaking player records almost every weekend now (meaning more players per week over time) so I wouldn't expect it to be too long before they are filled.

Also, just going to add. A few people have been complaining about how we should be getting rid of lag before getting more servers -but as Sub has explained to some of us, when you have 50 people trying to join a 24 slot server that is often a source of a lot of lag, so as weird as it sounds, getting more servers will help with the lag.

AS Servers- these were opened because there is a large player base in Asia, and I'm guessing the amount of servers set up were relative to the amount of AS players. But once again, I wouldn't draw conclusions too soon- it's barely been 24 hours.

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah come on, give the AS servers some time. Some of us asians don't even have forum accounts so we basically wouldn't know if there were any Asian Servers. Like for example, earlier on a player by the name of dmdunett just found out about AS Servers. Majority of asian players hasn't even started a forum account. So, give the AS servers some time. No need to rush because yes we understand you aussies had to deal with extreme lag with the AU servers. Just please don't have that "yeah i think u guys don't deserve asian servers, we aussies had to deal with lag for 10 months" attitude, it's annoying and irritating. Just my honest opinion.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So you don't want to be the top au player?
What does being the top AU player have to do with anything? Wins won't tell you someones absolute skill, I mean for example. In the old times, Asians had a huge advantage over Aussies, which made an easy environment for them to play in. Besides, I'm using statistics. 1/12 Asian servers being half full at 'some' times isn't really doing MCSG alot of good hey?

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
I am so happy that you have made this thread! I have been getting onto the latter servers and having to wait for about 5-10 minutes just to play a 12 person game.
I think that they should save them selves some money and just have AU 1-20.

Nice thread - Hamish Approves!

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
What does being the top AU player have to do with anything? Wins won't tell you someones absolute skill, I mean for example. In the old times, Asians had a huge advantage over Aussies, which made an easy environment for them to play in. Besides, I'm using statistics. 1/12 Asian servers being half full at 'some' times isn't really doing MCSG alot of good hey?
I am going to stop flaming on the thread

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't want chad to waste money c: remove some AS servers plus and a lot of Asian's quit or don't know about it yet to even play D=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci