• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removing Maps From MCSG?

What Maps Should be Removed?

• Haruka

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Fortress Pyke

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Survival Games 1

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Survival Games 2

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Survival Games 5

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Breeze Island

• Dracarys

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Kharmunrah

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Fallen Empire

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Chernobyl 2015

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
Recently on MCSG, I've been playing a lot of the same maps. Valleyside, Zone 85, Alaskan Village, etc. There's also some maps on here that get played MAYBE once a day like Survival Games 2, or Breeze Island 2, etc. Basically what I am proposing is MCGamer should remove the old and un-popular maps that don't get played a lot, and have them add in new and fresh maps. Here's a poll that I've created to get an idea of what maps people like, or don't like. Enjoy

~ Audax

(Yes, I know I left some maps out)

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
i think Mcsg should take out these maps, cause there very bad!!!
Valleyaid to much water
Sg4 to much land
TSG2 not enough water
Alaskan village no villagers
SG highway there r only 2 cars
Holiday resort needs more water

thanks for reading mine
lol

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't want any maps to be taken out, even though some may seem terrible. Some of the best maps (e.g. TSG3, SG5) are very underplayed, and usually because of the lack of chest routes.

I don't think new maps would be better to have. I know that people are scared to play new maps; Par 72 is my favorite, and it has 4 OP chest routes, but people are too scared to vote it and try something new. The result could be just a bunch of unknown maps that nobody wants to play, sadly.

Please understand that I have my own opinions on what makes a good map, and this is my feeling about this.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Regardless of how little they're played, the classic MCSG maps (SG1, SG2, etc.) shouldn't be on the list, as they are the very foundation for maps made today.

There are quite a few maps that aren't played but are superb, and it's a shame that the community doesn't explore further. If a map is to be removed, it has to be properly judged with a fair amount of playtime and input from the community, but if the community never takes the initiative to play it, how are we to know what's to be removed and what's to stay?

Just my insight :)

LazerHeroYT

Tribute
Reaction score
i want that forsakern map thingy to be removed its so huge and there are no chest at all ;c

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
i want that forsakern map thingy to be removed its so huge and there are no chest at all ;c
What the actual fu...

Just because you don't know where the chests are doesn't means there are no chests at all. I'd check how many chests are actually on the map, if I had VIP or staff member, but since I don't have either, I guess I can just go by my word.
I know there is 5 double tier 2's, like 10 normal tier 2s (excluding cornucopia) and its scattered with tier 1s. Not only that, but I think the map has some good areas for Pvp'ing.

I don't like all maps, that is a fact. The community is way subjective as far as maps go, even the sr.staff that chose them, chose these maps on their opinion.

I don't think any map should be removed, as none of them violate MCGamer's rules, plus, its nice to play different type of maps every now and then.

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't want any maps to be taken out, even though some may seem terrible. Some of the best maps (e.g. TSG3, SG5) are very underplayed, and usually because of the lack of chest routes.

I don't think new maps would be better to have. I know that people are scared to play new maps; Par 72 is my favorite, and it has 4 OP chest routes, but people are too scared to vote it and try something new. The result could be just a bunch of unknown maps that nobody wants to play, sadly.

Please understand that I have my own opinions on what makes a good map, and this is my feeling about this.
I agree :) Good point

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
What the actual fu...

Just because you don't know where the chests are doesn't means there are no chests at all. I'd check how many chests are actually on the map, if I had VIP or staff member, but since I don't have either, I guess I can just go by my word.
I know there is 5 double tier 2's, like 10 normal tier 2s (excluding cornucopia) and its scattered with tier 1s. Not only that, but I think the map has some good areas for Pvp'ing.

I don't like all maps, that is a fact. The community is way subjective as far as maps go, even the sr.staff that chose them, chose these maps on their opinion.

I don't think any map should be removed, as none of them violate MCGamer's rules, plus, its nice to play different type of maps every now and then.
I think that when the next round of new maps come in, they should hold a /poll and you can vote for 2 maps you want in. That way it's the community's choice and not the staff :)

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that when the next round of new maps come in, they should hold a /poll and you can vote for 2 maps you want in. That way it's the community's choice and not the staff :)
Hm, makes sense. Though, that can easily be abused to someone's advantage.

patrickfalcon

Platinum
Reaction score
Why would you have a poll for maps to add when most of the community hasn't seen/heard of the map. People would vote for the map with the coolest names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci