• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/ResetStats Command

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No.

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright, so with the upcoming release of 1.8, which allows you to change your username to whatever you desire, but does not erase your unique data on every server that you have played on, I think that MCG should implement a command that lets you reset your statistics.

Now, now, I know that this has been suggested multiple of times, and it always gets denied for reasons such as, that people will abuse the command, or that people will always go for the perfect ratio. Now for that reason, I suggest having a limit to how many times you can reset your stats. Let's say once or twice you can change your stats? If the limit is only once, then when executing the command, the server must notify the player that they can only change their stats once.

[MCSG] Are you sure you want to reset your stats? You can only do this once.
[MCSG] Type /confirmreset to continue, or /cancelreset to cancel the procedure.
[MCSG] There you go, your stats are now reset!

Or if the limit is twice, then it would look like this;
[MCSG] Are you sure you want to reset your stats again? You already changed them once.
[MCSG] Type /confirmreset2 to continue, or /cancelreset2 to cancel resetting your stats
[MCSG] {If the player confirms:} You cannot change your stats again, are you sure?
[MCSG] Congratulations, your stats are now reset!

Having the limit set to twice can be nice, but it's also quite unfair for those who have multiple alternate accounts, because once they can't reset their stats on one account anymore, they'll go on one of their alts and play on there. So having the limit set to once can be nice, and restricting for those who have alts, but for people who don't have any, they will have to be mindful when they're about to change their stats, because they can't change it again.

Why should this be added?
I think this'll really be a cool feature on MCGamer, because it'll give players who don't have enough money to purchase another alternate, such as me, a chance to reset their stats along with their name, because a new, fresh start is always neat.

This will be abused, don't add it!
I don't see how it can be abused, the only flaw to this is if the limit is set to you can only change your stats twice, people with multiple alts can abuse it because they can just reset their stats on all their alts, and when their alts can't execute the command anymore, the person will just keep on purchasing more alts.

Alright, I don't want this to be that lengthy, plus I don't have anything else to say.
If any of you lovelies have anything to say, or if you have any constructive criticism, I'm always here.

Much love,
Garren <3

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maybe you should have to pay for this?
I think no. Once people are out of options to reset their stats, they'll purchase this deal, let's say for $5, and of course they don't want to waste their money, so they'll tryhard and obtain the perfect ratio, and MCG isn't pay to play.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I think no. Once people are out of options to reset their stats, they'll purchase this deal, let's say for $5, and of course they don't want to waste their money, so they'll tryhard and obtain the perfect ratio, and MCG isn't pay to play.
That sentence made no sense whatsoever.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That sentence made no sense whatsoever.
I was assuming that you said that once people can't use the command anymore, maybe MCGamer could put up a deal that they could reset their stats again, but for a price.

I said that this is like pay to win. People will purchase the deal, tryhard for the best stats, and there you go.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I was assuming that you said that once people can't use the command anymore, maybe MCGamer could put up a deal that they could reset their stats again, but for a price.

I said that this is like pay to win. People will purchase the deal, tryhard for the best stats, and there you go.
No, I'm saying why don't you have to pay a certain price every time you want to reset your statistics.

JF2MC_

Tribute
Reaction score
This would be nice I can reset my stats b/c I'm Garbage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci