• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Resetting The Nether

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
While I was talking with some friends, they said that almost all the Blaze spawners in the nether have been broken. That gave me the idea that ever week or so, the nether should be reset so it doesn't become a griefed up junk yard with nothing there. Just an idea, I hope you all like it. :D

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, many people have created their bases in the nether. Plus there are still tons of spawners, you just haven't been looking for long enough, of course the ones near spawn are going to be gone, but just yesterday I found one within 1,200 blocks from the 0 point, and if you venture out atleast 2,000 blocks there are soooo many that have not been broken. ;)

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
No, many people have created their bases in the nether. Plus there are still tons of spawners, you just haven't been looking for long enough, of course the ones near spawn are going to be gone, but just yesterday I found one within 1,200 blocks from the 0 point, and if you venture out atleast 2,000 blocks there are soooo many that have not been broken. ;)
Oh, yeah. Forgot about bases being in the nether. :p

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Well, not the nether only! After maybe 2-3 months or next update( depending on when it is) I think there might be time for a 100% map reset. (It's not really fun without it, in my opinion)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Another issue is over-mining of quartz and I fear it will soon run out.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Another issue is over-mining of quartz and I fear it will soon run out.
They could potentionally make some sort of plugin, where some netherrack grow into quartz ore, shouldn't be too hard to create.

richard69t

Spectator
Reaction score
While we're at it, why not protect the spawners too? I think that at least in the nether they should be unbreakable so its fair to new people too since blaze rods are pretty hard to come by, and then you need decent equipment to take on the blazes. I know they can randomly spawn but having a functionable blaze farm is far better, and blaze rods/powder wouldn't be for sale in the town shop!

MCSG_pro011

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe they could also sell quartz in the shop, so if somehow it were to run out in the nether. People could just buy it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci