• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Resource Pack lightmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

average_name

Career
Reaction score
Is it allowed to change the lightmap file in resource packs? If you increase it's brightness in any image editor, it basically looks like increased brightness ingame. Just wondering because it kind of achieves the same effect as gamma, but it's part of the resource pack.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
why didnt you just ask us, you're in a channel with us right now

INSTEAD YOU LINK THIS THREAD IN CHAT WTF AVERAGE

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There'd be a divided opinion about this I'd think, but from my general standpoint I wouldn't consider it to be illegitimate; same thing could go for resource packs with reduced fire and all those PvP things (hell, I've seen a resource pack with a crosshair that has trajectory lines for bow shots and it wasn't ruled as illegitimate by the OCN staff, even though it was practically aimbot).

average_name

Career
Reaction score
There'd be a divided opinion about this I'd think, but from my general standpoint I wouldn't consider it to be illegitimate; same thing could go for resource packs with reduced fire and all those PvP things (hell, I've seen a resource pack with a crosshair that has trajectory lines for bow shots and it wasn't ruled as illegitimate by the OCN staff, even though it was practically aimbot).
I'm pretty sure that a crosshair optimized for pvp wouldn't qualify as aimbot

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that a crosshair optimized for pvp wouldn't qualify as aimbot
Meh, you get the point; relating to your original question about the lightmap alteration, some resourcepacks come with this by default due to having a 'dark' theme to the textures (if you know what I mean).

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Any form of increased brightness that requires you to edit a resource pack/increase gamma, that achieves higher brightness that can be achieved in vanilla Minecraft is not allowed.

The difference between normal brightness and an alteration is that if you can see shadows, you're good. If it's bright even in places that are dark, you're breaking the rules.

QA;TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci