• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Responsibility of being a Youtuber Unpopular Opinion

Tietan

Experienced
Reaction score
As for me personally I don't really watch MCSG Youtubers but as we all know one of our more popular youtubers has been banned. Ibeaturscore. Max. Kid who killed Hooahwee. I looked into his ban and I thought his ban was justifiable. If you didn't know, he was banned for saying to someone to die irl. Then after that he bypassed his ban resulting in a perma ban.
http://i.imgur.com/vFfzTS8.png

Obviously his fans would be upset leading to responses such as this.
-snip do to inappropriate language-

This got me really thinking on what it means to be a youtuber. You have so many fans that follow you and would fight for you. You have so much influence and power in the community. You become a role model. Someone that people look up to and aspire to be like. So knowing this should we be more lenient to people who have supporters?

I believe no. Whatever the reason you started doing youtube, if you become big then you have a responsibility now. You have people who look up to you and look to you for opinions and fun. Knowing this, I believe that we in fact be more harsh on our youtubers as they are our role models for the main player base on MCSG. If you have allowed Ibeat with getting away with telling someone to Kill Themselves then bypassing his ban than his fans will believe that it would be all right to do the same thing. They would think, "If I'm really upset then it's alright to be rude to another player because Ibeat never got punished for it. If I get banned it's fine because I can just bypass with another account." Though it may seem absurd it has happened before in the past. When BajanCanadian was using better sprint, many other players started using Better Sprint as well as he never got punished until well... uh... he got banned. xD

Anyways that is my thoughts on this matter. Have a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lubbers

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice thread, I don't know much about it, but by the looks of it I think IBeat deserves the ban. In my opinion, I feel it's gonna be like BajanCanadian V2.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
He told someone to die irl...then the only question is was he serious.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna have to repeat this again on this thread. It's a VIDEO GAME, why get mad over dying when you can just take a break from the game or leave and join another server! He shouldn't be unbanned, 1. He told someone to kill her/him selves, 2. He ban evaded when his ban was only like 5 days...

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
Nice thread, I don't know much about it, but by the looks of it I think IBeat deserves the ban. In my opinion, I feel it's gonna be like BajanCanadian V2.
LOL

he wasn't NEARLY as big of an influence than bajancanadian was.

as for Op..@goldellipse can relate ;)

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
I remember when BajanCanadian teamed with wobbie333 and wobbie has betrayed him, a huge amount of his fans found his channel and spammed it with crap about him, yet Bajan didn't think to the slightest to stop it. If you are a youtuber and your fans are doing something like abusing someone just because he killed you, you should act maturely about it and address the problem, because in the end the fans will shape the first impression that people will have about you.

The same can be applied to ThatOneTomahawk when he died to a clan, he flipped apeshit and showed the middle finger, and the same thing happened, he didn't think about his actions and just made himself look stupid as crap at the end.

Those kind of situations should not be taken without a note whatsoever, if staff see this happen and see that the youtuber doesn't give a crap, they should honestly tell him off, because somewhere the maturity has to come and that person needs to realize that there is a problem and that he needs to address it to the fan base, otherwise it can just get out of control and end up with them literally abusing the person just because he killed him or betrayed him.

If the fans really think that MCSG is going to die because their favorite youtuber got banned, they're just retarded and haven't learnt from past events that it's completely inaccurate. And they should just be ignored.

/rantoff

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly...I agree with you 100% (although I never really cared about IBeat's ban to be honest :p I never was a fan of him :3)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Great thread! Couldn't agree more. If we let Youtuber's break the rules, than the rest of their fanbase thinks it's ok. Yes the Youtubers do good things for our network, but when they start to have a bad influence on the network, enough is enough. Slowly we start to get hit with more disadvantages than advantages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci