• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reviving the Clan scene [US]

In the future if this is followed through with, where should it be hosted?

• MCSG (Maybe a cb server ;) pls chad)

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Private Server (Requires more money out of pocket)

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

Josh

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
prize pool is 350 bucks and payed for, yay forums

How does on revive clans, many people have tried, and many people have failed, reviving clans is not simply bringing a good amount of exceptional clans back for a short period of times, it's making a new generation of clans and competition, how would one do this? You would need to motivate people to come back, people to make good clans, people to become amazing at the game, people to overall strive to be better and put time into this game. What drives people the most? Competition, the hope of a better future, money. All things we hope to provide by doing this, now, what is this?

This is a plan, a tourney, followed by a league.

Now why will this tourney be different, this idea, this league.

Prizes, competition, an audience, people who are driven to make this idea succeed, and who still enjoy playing this game, who would be able to take on the responsibilities of this.

Me and Jawsh are currently leading putting this together, along as being the main minds behind it, but we are looking into contacting people in the clan scene to help put this together, then please pm me your skype, and a name in the clan scene won't get you involved in this, you must provide into furthering the development of this.

What is preventing us from making the tourney right now?

Lack of competition in clans
I cannot remember a time were I couldn't list 5 current, active, and good, clans. But it has sadly gotten to the point of that, if we were to do this, we would need clans to come back or make a new clan, and provide at least 16 clans of decent talent to really make this interesting to watch and help it gain popularity

Lack of funds
At this very moment, we have donors lined up willing to help for the funds, but, we don't have nearly the money needed to launch something like this. When I say prizes, I mean in the future if this works, thousands of dollars on the line, now mods, this is not asking for money, but if you completely trust me and have any extra money, pm me, as we want to put together at least a $200 dollar first place prize, along with money for second and third, which we already have enough for. We're not asking you to donate your last dime, or even if you're rich, if you don't know me or Jawsh, don't donate. But for people interested in several perks of it (a list of which will be provided to those interested) please contact me, any amount helps.

Along with this, we're looking for a possible sponsor or 2 to take off the burden of restriction of money, so if any of you out there know a youtuber/minecraft related business/someone with money to spare interested in this idea, please contact me asap

Lack of reliable staff
When I say lack of reliable staff, me and Jawsh could easily find around 10 people to help referee this event, but we don't know someone to help run social media accounts, stream these events, and basically help advertise the event. We need people to help us create a audience, people who will watch, and to get the name of the event out their into other communities.

Once again, if you're willing to help and responsible, please contact me.
You have to be driven and reliable.

Enough about that, let's talk about the actual event

16 (not certain on the amount of clans) Tournament, (now we understand clans disband and reband and the groups split up and such, but we will be looking mostly into the reliability of the clan staying together for this event instead of skill as #1, to be able to develop long lasting clans and names, clans that come back just to play in this will not be accepted.) will compete in a tournament, hopefully this tournament will have a cash prize pool, and along with other promises, after this tournament a "clan league" will be launched, first month's seeding determined by this tourney.

This league will work very close to how lbs worked, but much more strict on rules and much more requirements on the staff position. At the end of every month, the top 3 clans will receive a prize and the point system will be reset. Seeding will be determined by last month's standings, with a small tourney without a prize will be held within the top 4 or 8.

At around the end of the third month, qualifiers for the next tournament will start, yes, you will have to battle your way into the tourney, all clans with have a chance. Most likely, 16 clans will qualify (Top 8 clans will be cemented in the tourney, those outside of the top 8 will have to battle into the tourney)

And the tourney will continue on like the first one, top 3 get prizes, and the league will start again, going on for another 3 months until the next tourney.

We have not come up with a name for it yet, you can suggest one if you'd like.

if interested in supplying us in anything we lack, post on my profile on pm me your skype

if you have any questions regarding this is any sort, ask away

the staff will not allow a gofundme link, so you must contact me pms or via skype
(josh.2k15) if you want to donate

Last edited:

beneu

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm down to help out if you need any. I really love the idea and would love to help out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci