• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reward for Catching Hackers/Points System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
So, as we all know, hackers are a big problem in MCSG. When I say big, I mean a REALLY big problem. They infect our servers, and prevent anybody but themselves to win (Y THEY NO FOLLOW TEH RULZZ!) But, you might be thinking: "That's what moderators are for! They catch and ban haxors using nodus and stuffs". Well, that's not entirely false, because keeping an eye out for hackers is one of their responsibilities.

Most of the hackers caught were caught not by Moderators, but by the community. That's right, YOU DER! Moderators are unable to constantly be on servers, and we will never have enough moderators to suit the increasing number of servers. So, it's up to us to catch them. Recording them, uploading them, and notifying a moderator really helps the community a lot. It may not seem like much, but one less hacker could make the servers a better place.

Well, that's not what I wanted to talk to here, in fact that was a bit off-topic, but don't worry, everything will relate to each other in the end (I like to talk about ze irrelevant thingzies). So anyways, I think that for catching and reporting a certain amount of hackers, you should be given an award.

Here's where stuff gets tricky. It's hard to come up with an award that is not too overpowered. This part, currently, is open to suggestions. Some rewards that I've come up with are as follows:
  1. 75 Hackers Caught: Donor for one week.
    If you don't have donor, you will get an iron donor.
    If you are an iron donor, you will get a golden donor.
    If you are a golden donor, you will a diamond donor.
    If you are a diamond donor, you will get a week extra for your diamond donor.
  2. 150 Hackers Caught: Donor for two weeks (same system applies).
    Except: If you are a diamond donor, you will get two weeks extra for your diamond donor.
So there you have it, some rewards I've come up with. 75 hackers or 150 hackers seems like a lot, but if you work for it, you will get ze cool donor in the end ;)

Here are some advantages of this idea:
  • It will encourage people to look for hackers and to report them.
  • People with not enough money to buy a donor could get donor perks a free way.
I haven't caught any hackers myself, but if this is implemented, I would probably be more motivated to and will probably report some.

But, I've been brainstorming an addition to this. What about a POINTS SYSTEM?
We all know hackers are a big problem, but they aren't the only ones.
Spammers, racism, and abuse are also problems on this server.

So instead of 70 HACKERS, it could be 70 POINTS.
Hackers would be worth one point, and any other offense would be worth half a point.

This seems like a very complicated idea, but I hope it's possible to add this in.
If not, well then.....this suggestion is completely useless and you should probably stop reading this just about NOW.

Kthxbai.
-Mamiamato24

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This has been suggested before, and if I'm not mistaken it was generally not liked. People would just start reporting people for invalid reasons, and we don't really want this.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This has been suggested before, and if I'm not mistaken it was generally not liked. People would just start reporting people for invalid reasons, and we don't really want this.
Obviously, the reason would have to be legit ;)

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You have to be good at the game to maintain points anyway, If you only can get points like that, you will lose them very fast.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
You have to be good at the game to maintain points anyway, If you only can get points like that, you will lose them very fast.
This is a completely different point system, has nothing to do with winning or losing games and killing people.

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes this could motivate the community but the intention of reporting hackers isn't for rewards but by helping the community. And once again we don't want people to be reporting people for no reason as I could see many players wanting to do this. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes this could motivate the community but the intention of reporting hackers isn't for rewards but by helping the community. And once again we don't want people to be reporting people for no reason as I could see many players wanting to do this. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
Exactly, because then we would get people like me, who think they are moderators in-game, and trying to do a mod's job all the time. All though sometimes that's not a bad thing. Just causes many in-game flame wars...

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Exactly, because then we would get people like me, who think they are moderators in-game, and trying to do a mod's job all the time. All though sometimes that's not a bad thing. Just causes many in-game flame wars...
I'm happy if players report hackers ect (Not complaining that they're taking our job) I'm just afraid that they will take this opportunity and manipulate it where they just report people for the heck of it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think this is a no-go.

We'd have so many reports flooding in, half of which are just donor-hungry players reporting small offenses like someone calling them a noob.

The large reward would put MCSG out of money by losing people who would've otherwise donated money, but got it for free instead, which brings up another issue: more people complaining about not being able to get into servers.

This one is more of my opinion, but offering such a large reward gets people to report for all the wrong reasons. While you're still keeping MCSG clean, reports are supposed to be done out of respect for the rules, and genuine care for the well-being of MCSG, rather than getting a reward.

All in all, I think this causes more trouble than it's worth, and in an end all situation, wouldn't work, sorry.

Glad you're thinking of new ideas though :).

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think this is a no-go.

We'd have so many reports flooding in, half of which are just donor-hungry players reporting small offenses like someone calling them a noob.

The large reward would put MCSG out of money by losing people who would've otherwise donated money, but got it for free instead, which brings up another issue: more people complaining about not being able to get into servers.

This one is more of my opinion, but offering such a large reward gets people to report for all the wrong reasons. While you're still keeping MCSG clean, reports are supposed to be done out of respect for the rules, and genuine care for the well-being of MCSG, rather than getting a reward.

All in all, I think this causes more trouble than it's worth, and in an end all situation, wouldn't work, sorry.

Glad you're thinking of new ideas though :).
Well, like I said, the prizes are subject to change. Maybe they are a bit o.p........
And I do agree that this'll make people report for all the wrong reasons, but if the person that they find is actually hacking, then I don't think it really matters what reason they do it for.

All in all, it was just an idea ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci