• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rules for making a map

MaKruta_394

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently working on a survival games map and I was wondering what the rules are (if there are any) for making a map. What I mean is do I put chests where I want them or do the staff? Do I put stuff in the chests or mark what tier they are? Or do I just leave the chests and you randomly fill them? I wanted to know so that I can send the map. Another thing is I wanted to ask how I send the map. Do I just send the world file from my .minecraft folder or do I have to do something else? Please answer so I know. Thanks

-Makruta

FortiPlex

Experienced
Reaction score
You're the map maker. Make it the way you want. However, it is best to have someone review it just so the map is completely fair.

XxLinkinPark72Xx

Survivor
Reaction score
Like Forti said, its up to. You can build the map in which ever way you would like and fill the chests in whatever way you would like. There really aren't any rules if your just making a map. One thing I would say though is make sure that at the spawn there is the same amount of blocks from each podium to the center. Many people forget to do this, making it unfair for people spawning in the corners.

444russell444

Tribute
Reaction score
The size of the map for a 24 player arena has to be 500-1000 blocks in diameter. You do not have to fill the chests and you may place them wherever you want. The server will fill them by itself. And you do not have to mark the teirs on the chests.

L

Lululioness

The size of the map for a 24 player arena has to be 500-1000 blocks in diameter. You do not have to fill the chests and you may place them wherever you want. The server will fill them by itself. And you do not have to mark the teirs on the chests.
Wow nice job for a new member!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci