• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sams - An overdue resignation

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
For the past two months I have put off writing this thread for lack of structure to my post and whether to write an account of my time here or just a simple goodbye, make of this what you will.

I have been a member of this community almost since the beginning with many a tale of joy and glee shared with countless friends I've met along the way yet now is my time to say farewell. On the third of October 2015 I willingly stepped down as a moderator after 2 years and 3 days of service ending my time here at MCGamer. There were many reasons combined to why I had made this decision however the most overpowering was the lack of friends I had left both in this community and within the staff team, I felt outcast from my colleagues due my personality and views on the world. It was clear that many other staff members did not want to know me or even attempt at having a conversation thus isolation ensued.

Some people may know that I had been demoted around a month earlier for "inactivity", this event and the way it was resolved by members of the staff team was highly inappropriate and unprofessional. I had been on leave for some time to study for my GCSE exams yet while on this leave I received a threatening message alerting me to the fact that I was "inactive" and would be removed, quickly I contacted a senior staff member explaining that I was on leave directing them to the post with the information to which they replied that they "did not check the on-leave posts" and was sorry. A month later while I was on leave for a family holiday in Croatia I came back to the hotel room to check slack however I then found that my account had been deactivated with all my ranks removed. A forum message was sent with the title of "inactivity" with information on when I could reapply etc., I went through the same process as before by contacting a senior mod and it turned out that the senior staff hadn't checked the "on-leave" thread again. This senior mod told me that even though I was on-leave I would still be demoted to which I pleaded for another week to prove that I should stay, this was later agreed.

After returning from a ruined holiday I got back to work doing my normal moderation work yet after almost three weeks had past I was again told I was to be demoted. I was shown my chart on my moderation activity which was higher than average although I had only done a few ban disputes and forum related moderation. I knew at this point that my demotion was personal and not because of the work I was doing despite what they will say, I argued my case with limited success however I managed to get the attention of the senior staff to explain in speech. After a two hour meeting it was left up to the senior staff to decide my fate once more. I was successful mostly due to my determination and slippery nature to escape situations however I never forgot how I was treated during this time and because of this I found it difficult to withstand the fact that they had once voted to remove me.

I want to thank all of the people who have made my time here an absolute delight.
Axanite DarkNiightz Tiger Thank you for being my last true friends on the staff team <3
@AllNewSrMods good luck <3

Cheerio
-Sam/Sams/samson888

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
wow, didn't realise all that stuff happened >.<

side note: I definitely think you deserve some kind of rank for dedicating 2 years of your life to this server.... Is getting a rank when you resign based on how many actions you made as a mod or is it chosen more personally?¿

Anyway, you were a good mod Mr. samson888 ;-;

William

District 13
Reaction score
ah I remember back in 2013 and early 2014 seeing your red name, Did not really know you too well, but thank you so much for serving for as long as you did! That is an achievement you should carry proudly <3

Reactions: Sam

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score

side note: I definitely think you deserve some kind of rank for dedicating 2 years of your life to this server.... Is getting a rank when you resign based on how many actions you made as a mod or is it chosen more personally?¿

It's very personal. They give ranks to their friends and expect other mods to buy them.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score

They haven't assigned the rank yet but thank you <3
Man, Sr. Mods seem to be doing their job well.
This was some time ago, a lot has changed now. This post was not meant to be any sort of rant at the senior staff, I was just telling the story. We're all friends now.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
They haven't assigned the rank yet but thank you <3

This was some time ago, a lot has changed now. This post was not meant to be any sort of rant at the senior staff, I was just telling the story. We're all friends now.
a few months is not too long ago...

Reaction score
Goodbye Sam :(
Although I never knew you personally, I knew about you being the longest serving moderator & about you being a great one.

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
bye sam :c

long time since ive talked or seen you wish i had my old HHD with the shiz i had since tekkit

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
I didn't really know you, nor did I ever really see you on the servers but, thank you for sticking with the team and moderating the servers for as long as you did! <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci