• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Sanders - Resignation Letter

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Hi all,
So my resignation may come as a surprise to you all considering that I came back as a staff member not even a week ago. But I can assure you all that it is with good reason.

I originally resigned as a moderator a couple of months ago to dedicate more time to the build team that I lead, Team Helix. Back then I did not write a letter as my intentions were to come back, which I did, and thus I will try to include the letter that I wanted to write back then in this one.

I want to make clear that it is not my intention to hurt or damage anyones feelings or reputation, and thus I have left anyone involved in this story (excluding myself) anonymous. Anything said in this letter should be seen as my personal opinion.

After some time I missed the staff team action and decided to re-apply. Generally because I missed some of my friends there and wanted to have fun with them once again. I got declined once but quickly improved my application and eventually got to the interview stage. When I got to do my interview I was very nervous (it was even worse than prior to my first interview), but with seven Sr. Staff members in my interview I eventually passed my interview to become a moderator once again. I would like to thank all seven of them once again as they were ultimately the once that gave me the chance to have a new term as a staff member.

However during my interview I realised that I didn't know most of the Sr. staff members in my interview, which later made me realise that the people that I used to moderate, play games and have fun with had left the staff team long before I had written my new moderator application. This was one of the reasons that made me resign from my moderator position.

After joining the staff team I was asked to come on teamspeak once again to speak to a member of Sr. Staff. I joined on my phone to talk to this person. But after some valid statements regarding staff matters, I found myself in a conversation where I was down-talked (if that's the correct term) and portrayed as a arrogant, disrespectful person that had shown signs of having attitude problems on MCGamer platforms. In my defense I asked for examples of my, apparently, inappropriate messages that I had sent over the course of the past few months, to which I was denied access as they are only to be viewed by the Administration team. I was told to be appropriate, even though it has always been my aim to remain appropriate and friendly to anyone.

The conversation continued to revolve around Team Helix. The member of Sr. staff said that my way of representing Team Helix was incorrect and that I should act as "good leaders should". I took this as a personal insult. I find that the opinion of a Sr. staff member about something unrelated to the staff team should not be expressed in an official conversation like the one we were currently in. I was, again, pointed at my attitude problems (of which I have yet to see evidence). The member of Sr. Staff told me to not talk about Team Helix in the staff team which, as the leader of the team, is impossible for me. This last statement was later explained as to avoid talking about the team, but it still felt as a restriction to my freedom of speech.

After this conversation I was deeply shocked as to what we had talked about just now. I was surprised that a member of Sr. staff was free to talk to me like this and say things I see as morally wrong. This conversation is a bigger part of the whole reason as to why I resigned.

I attempted to shake off the things said by the Sr staff member in the conversation, and continued to attempt to have fun as a mod once again. However in the days following my interview I felt as if the whole atmosphere of the staff team had changed. Prior to my resignation, most if the mods and Sr. Mods would be on TeamSpeak talking to each other. but now, many mods were hardly ever on teamspeak, and it was hard to be able to chat with them whereas before it was easy to just join a channel and talk with other mods. As for the Sr. mods, they were often not available for a simple chat which is partly understandable, but it still felt as if I could hardly talk with them.

And this brings me to my main point. The staff team, in my personal opinion, is not what it was before I resigned. I remember an energetic team where members of staff, despite their rankings and responsibilities, could have fun together. Today however, I feel as if this has changed. The team feels 'disconnected' as in there is way fewer communication to participate in and the staff team as a whole feels separated. That being said, the staff is putting an incredible amount of effort into the server every day to ensure that it keeps running, and I respect this more than I can express in a letter. The mods are amazing people and I would like to say that they are not the reason that I have resigned. I only feel as if the staff team no longer feels like home to me. This all of course is just my personally observation and I would like to stress that this may not be truth for everyone.

So to summarise, I resigned because I miss the people that I used to enjoy talking with, because of the conversation with the Sr. staff member happened the way it did, and generally the staff team no longer feels like home to me.

It was an honour to take part in the moderation of this server for well over 8 months, but now it's time for me to fully pass on the torch. Thanks to everyone in the staff team for making the experience as awesome as it was. Like with all good things, my time here has come to an end.

Thank you all for reading my letter,

Sanders

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Hi all,
So my resignation may come as a surprise to you all considering that I came back as a staff member not even a week ago. But I can assure you all that it is with good reason.

I originally resigned as a moderator a couple of months ago to dedicate more time to the build team that I lead, Team Helix. Back then I did not write a letter as my intentions were to come back, which I did, and thus I will try to include the letter that I wanted to write back then in this one.

I want to make clear that it is not my intention to hurt or damage anyones feelings or reputation, and thus I have left anyone involved in this story (excluding myself) anonymous. Anything said in this letter should be seen as my personal opinion.

After some time I missed the staff team action and decided to re-apply. Generally because I missed some of my friends there and wanted to have fun with them once again. I got declined once but quickly improved my application and eventually got to the interview stage. When I got to do my interview I was very nervous (it was even worse than prior to my first interview), but with seven Sr. Staff members in my interview I eventually passed my interview to become a moderator once again. I would like to thank all seven of them once again as they were ultimately the once that gave me the chance to have a new term as a staff member.

However during my interview I realised that I didn't know most of the Sr. staff members in my interview, which later made me realise that the people that I used to moderate, play games and have fun with had left the staff team long before I had written my new moderator application. This was one of the reasons that made me resign from my moderator position.

After joining the staff team I was asked to come on teamspeak once again to speak to a member of Sr. Staff. I joined on my phone to talk to this person. But after some valid statements regarding staff matters, I found myself in a conversation where I was down-talked (if that's the correct term) and portrayed as a arrogant, disrespectful person that had shown signs of having attitude problems on MCGamer platforms. In my defense I asked for examples of my, apparently, inappropriate messages that I had sent over the course of the past few months, to which I was denied access as they are only to be viewed by the Administration team. I was told to be appropriate, even though it has always been my aim to remain appropriate and friendly to anyone.

The conversation continued to revolve around Team Helix. The member of Sr. staff said that my way of representing Team Helix was incorrect and that I should act as "good leaders should". I took this as a personal insult. I find that the opinion of a Sr. staff member about something unrelated to the staff team should not be expressed in an official conversation like the one we were currently in. I was, again, pointed at my attitude problems (of which I have yet to see evidence). The member of Sr. Staff told me to not talk about Team Helix in the staff team which, as the leader of the team, is impossible for me. This last statement was later explained as to avoid talking about the team, but it still felt as a restriction to my freedom of speech.

After this conversation I was deeply shocked as to what we had talked about just now. I was surprised that a member of Sr. staff was free to talk to me like this and say things I see as morally wrong. This conversation is a bigger part of the whole reason as to why I resigned.

I attempted to shake off the things said by the Sr staff member in the conversation, and continued to attempt to have fun as a mod once again. However in the days following my interview I felt as if the whole atmosphere of the staff team had changed. Prior to my resignation, most if the mods and Sr. Mods would be on TeamSpeak talking to each other. but now, many mods were hardly ever on teamspeak, and it was hard to be able to chat with them whereas before it was easy to just join a channel and talk with other mods. As for the Sr. mods, they were often not available for a simple chat which is partly understandable, but it still felt as if I could hardly talk with them.

And this brings me to my main point. The staff team, in my personal opinion, is not what it was before I resigned. I remember an energetic team where members of staff, despite their rankings and responsibilities, could have fun together. Today however, I feel as if this has changed. The team feels 'disconnected' as in there is way fewer communication to participate in and the staff team as a whole feels separated. That being said, the staff is putting an incredible amount of effort into the server every day to ensure that it keeps running, and I respect this more than I can express in a letter. The mods are amazing people and I would like to say that they are not the reason that I have resigned. I only feel as if the staff team no longer feels like home to me. This all of course is just my personally observation and I would like to stress that this may not be truth for everyone.

So to summarise, I resigned because I miss the people that I used to enjoy talking with, because of the conversation with the Sr. staff member happened the way it did, and generally the staff team no longer feels like home to me.

It was an honour to take part in the moderation of this server for well over 8 months, but now it's time for me to fully pass on the torch. Thanks to everyone in the staff team for making the experience as awesome as it was. Like with all good things, my time here has come to an end.

Thank you all for reading my letter,

Sanders

Ever want a talk my man im there sad to hear what happened and the chat you had with that Sr.Mod. I know im not the most "liked" person around here but im here for you bud remember that. I know that you have a big and an open heart and you are one of the reasons im still here. As time pasts things change of course not all of the stuff is the same as before. The Staff isnt the same in my eyes either its the way they look at things and say to you like you said with freedom to speak thing. Sanders with all to respect if you want to have a talk one day im here for you bud remember that.

Gule

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
The member of Sr. Staff told me to not talk about Team Helix in the staff team which, as the leader of the team, is impossible for me. This last statement was later explained as to avoid talking about the team, but it still felt as a restriction to my freedom of speech.
I feel like that's a little harsh. I'm really interested in build teams and how they work and everything, and if I ever had the chance I would have loved to talk to you about it, and slack is the easiest way to do that. I hope there was a little more reasoning behind it than just you've been 'unprofessional' in the past about it because that's literally what #off-topic is for.

iBarnyHD

Quantum
Reaction score
You were a really good staff here! I hope you will return one day ;)

Barny

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah sanders man I'm really sorry to hear your experience went so poorly. It may have helped going in to be forewarned that the senior staff team now is a clique centered, down talking joke.

Unfortunately there are only one or two good apples left in the bunch, and you know it's bad when even vigilo gets driven out.

Dedicate your time to something you enjoy, and don't stress over it c:

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you so much for everything you've done Sanders. You contributed so much as a Moderator and as a leader of one of the best build teams MCGamer has ever seen.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, see you around! <3

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I really do miss the great times we had as memers this thread itself has its own person joke (You're dutch and the thread was made at 420am, coincidence? I think not. http://imgur.com/Ed4GqXe ) On to the topics of why you were resigned I can not honestly believe the way you were treated, you told it how it was a trait I respect highly. I could go into a detailed discussion with you and your points how they are spot on but you'll have to catch up with me sometime so we can meme together and have a jolly good chat.

Peace out although not the hardest working mod one of the nicest, honest and fairest mods I ever spoke to

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I really agree with you here Sanders. The Staff Team has changed and I don't like it. It is now revolving around a set of friends, it's unprofessional, and as they do their job, some of them are really deserving. Although most times it's a joke. I was hired recently and just didn't fit in at all, I stayed around for 3 months and got my general training done. I felt disrespected at the fact that I still had to be re-trained in Forums and Hacker ID. I feel disrespected as I would like to be talked to as someone that has Moderated for a fair amount of time (358 days). I had been trained in these areas. I felt disrespected to say the least. I wish for the old Staff Team. No hate towards the new one, I just felt disrespected.

I wish you the best of luck Sanders, with whatever you continue doing in life. I hope it turns out good for you, you were a great Staff Member previously, you shouldn't be talked down upon. <3

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
I didn't know you very well, but I know you were a good mod and that you will be able to achieve anything you wish in life. Good luck my man!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci