• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sappy/Nostalgic Story.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
To those of you who will tell me that this could be a profile update, I want to tell you that I will not be able to tag the following people and it will be way to long to write in a single update. A profile update will not suffice here.

Now that we have that out of the way, I was going through some old files on my computer recently while my internet was down. I came across a lot of Minecraft, specifically MCSG related, files. I came across Mod Meeting notes from when I first started (before I knew to use Google Docs). I came across Cinema 4D renders, Minecraft avatars, skins, etc. I didn't think much of it at first, just a bit of nostalgia. I then tried to get back into editing CoD montages a little later and one of the color corrections I had saved was called "Intros". I used that for the very few Minecraft intros I made for customers here and there. Again, didn't think much of it until I opened my intros folder. Looked back at some of them...and then I opened my personal intro. I became a bit more nostalgic of my MCSG days and friends. Then I opened the second version of my intro (new song, and a few different animations). The song was Blackmill - Spirit of Life (Blamph's old outro song). More nostalgia hit me than ever before in my life. I though of all the countless days staying up all night with the best friends I could ask for. I remembered going in to those mod meetings and doing my part to help the community with Scott . I remembered all of the times I played Valleyside and Moonbase with one of the greatest friends I ever had and staying at his house almost all summer playing MCSG all day. I remembered meeting DELTRIX and betraying him on Holiday and all the great memories with him. I remembered playing factions with DeeRose7 and DELTRIX and more friends all night. I remembered being the TeamSpeak Police with my beloved friend Scott. I remembered talking to levi_the_potato and Nova for hours on end. I remembered all the great people of the staff team and how much each and every one of them meant to me. I remembered Lively tricking me in my interview and how happy I was that I passed; so happy that I couldn't sleep at all. I remembered watching Huahwi, Lovelights, Tomahawk, Shmoopies, and Devon for hours. I remembered waiting to hear back on my application with boboy1999 and running around the maze and staff castle with him. I remembered trickshotting and trolling with SilaSilas on Shan's server. I remembered running Ascendancy with Captain | Lqzer and Scott . I remembered my forums signature thread and my PC builds threads and all of my other threads. I remembered the #ModCode with BaccaBoy1999. I remembered Tekkit with Dave , and Scott t. I remembered joking about the Mojang EULA, especially when Rusty would joke about it. I remembered all of the times MCSG's TeamSpeak would get DDoSed and we would have to switch over to TeamElite's TeamSpeak. I remembered all of the wonderful times I had and how happy I was. And Cat_On_A_Poptart ...scrim? Almost all of these times happened in the staff or whilst joining the staff so first and formost, I want to thank all of the staff and the people that interviewed me: Lively, Jimmer , CAmadeusA, Col_StaR.

Looking back on all of that is a lot to remember. The fact that one song made me remember all of the good times I had with all the wonderful people I share those memories with is really amazing. I quit Minecraft about 6 months ago and never really though much of it until now. When I look at Minecraft I usually dismiss it as some block game that is pretty simple and also fun. The thing that I never looked back on, until now, is that it was SO much more than just a game. It helped me meet some of the greatest people this world has to offer. It made my life probably the happiest I have ever been. When I played Minecraft I don't remember being sad or depressed until I was struggling to decide whether I should quit or not. It's easy not to see this when you quickly glance at Minecraft or just think about it. I guess you never realize it until it's gone. Before I get to the final part of this I want to say a few words to everyone, whether I have met you or not. Although Minecraft is just a game, it's a whole lot more than that. Enjoy
your time on it before it is too late. Be nice to your friends and keep them close to you. MCSG and Minecraft won't be around forever so value the time you have now and make the best of it.

Now, that I have let almost all of my feelings out, let's get to the fun part. Below are all the people that have impacted my life in a way I will never forget. They are amazing people and I love each and every single one of them like family. Here goes.

DELTRIX
Nova
Scott
Captain | Lqzer
levi_the_potato
SilaSilas
JacksonReaction
masond123
Jodimo
Lively
Cubes
CAmadeusA
Dave
KRaidium
DeeRose7
boboy1999
BaccaBoy1999
Nacho115
Kawai
TopBandit
Col_StaR
Jimmer
Frazzli185
KitMencha
superzer096
MCCMorpheus
Edog
StarWilly12
Mooclan
Cat_On_A_Poptart
ChadTheDJ
KendraNichole

If I forgot anyone, please let me know. I'm having a hard time thinking of names right now.
I also want to say, that once I finish my PC I will continue playing a lot. Hopefully it will
be done by summer so I can play all summer. I have to get a processor and graphics card and then
I will return. Until then, I will just be on my horrible laptop every now and then when I don't
crash. I love all of you guys. You made my life awesome and got me to focus on the good things in
life and not the bad. Some may think our community is bad, and that may be true, but I know every single person in this community is nice to at least one person on the server and makes them happy, whether they know it or not. I can't wait to play with everyone again. Stay awesome guys.

Until next time,
SmoothPixels (Braden)

<3

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Good luck Smooth. MCSG had always hit me up with feelings too, flashbacks in my head appear and reappear...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Who would tell you to fit this into a status update? :eek:

That's why we created the Community Corner, for people to share their stories and tag their friends. I always saw you as a very respectable staff member and it'd be great to see you back some day.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Who would tell you to fit this into a status update? :eek:

That's why we created the Community Corner, for people to share their stories and tag their friends. I always saw you as a very respectable staff member and it'd be great to see you back some day.
Not necessarily saying this whole post into a status, but more just the idea of saying I miss the people of this server. As for the second part: thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. I hope to be back to soon. :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
OMG you might come back?!?! Yes yes yes! No joke, I've had the same nostalgia lately too. 10 months goes by SOO fast, and looking back at it makes me remember the times. I am being serious when I say I know almost no one on the staff team on a personal level anymore. All my old moderator friends have resigned, and I have like no one to talk to except a few people. I'd have to talk to you about some things privately, since they're not appropriate for the forums, because talking to people is difficult. Anyways, hope to see you around! <3

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
OMG you might come back?!?! Yes yes yes! No joke, I've had the same nostalgia lately too. 10 months goes by SOO fast, and looking back at it makes me remember the times. I am being serious when I say I know almost no one on the staff team on a personal level anymore. All my old moderator friends have resigned, and I have like no one to talk to except a few people. I'd have to talk to you about some things privately, since they're not appropriate for the forums, because talking to people is difficult. Anyways, hope to see you around! <3
Ruff days ayy :(

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
When you getting on TS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci