• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SAVE MCGamer <3

Do you think introducing Unranked SG will help bring players back?

• yes

• no

• maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
MCSG, has been, and still is one of my favorite online, minecraft community. But is it slowly dying?

Its sad to say but in reality the MCGamer community is slowly dying, but I think there is one thing that would help bring players back. Ever since the creation of the MCGamer and the MCSG Servers, its image has primarily been the official way of ranking players or determining who in the community are good players. A significant amount of players see MCSG as the place to go to prove yourself and compete for stats and wins and this is one thing that is hurting the growth and survival of our beloved community.

So, is the renowned Survival Games Community getting pushed off the edge of the map? As of now I think we can agree with one word, yes. The environment of MCGamer has recently been increasingly competitive and this is what is drawing people away. A lot of players have moved to servers such as Badlion and Hypixel but a significant number of them are still playing SG! Why? I think its because the image of MCSG is too aggressive, every game you play, every win you get defines you on MCGamer whereas on other servers, players can enjoy SG without worrying too much about stats. People are leaving here and there for games like CSGO and League of Legends, but thats besides the point, for the remaining Minecraft players, many still love PvP and SG... so is there a solution?

I think the best way to regain our lost family members is to promote and provide Unranked Survival Games. Players will be more wiling to play SG on the MCSG servers without fearing ruining their stats or having people "tryhard" because there is no ranking, just room for improvement and experience in the game.

Im not saying this is the only thing we can do, just one of the things that may help. So, can we do this? Who thinks this is a good idea? Lets bring back the community that Ive grown to love so so much. <3

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Then we would like like Badlion, and we wouldn't be original anymore :/

A

Axel | PlazaGames

Hello There!

This thread sounds good, however, as "Dee" said we would not be as original as we are now.
I know there is a lot of people who want the old MCGamer Community back, where the maps and everything else was much better, however, not everyone wants that back.
For example, there was a lot of people who wanted the 1.7 update, and that were complaining about getting 1.7 back, cause everyone was getting weird hits with 1.8 and only Ping was the thing that made you win every single day. But not everyone wanted 1.7 back, cause there is also a lot of people who liked and got used to 1.8.

I know it is difficult and complicated to understand, and I completely agree with you, that in some aspects, the old Community was much better, but not always.

If we go back to what we had before, this Server would most likely lose a lot of players, and that will make most of the Community sad as well.

Thanks for your time making this thread, and good luck in future!
If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me!
Have a wonderful day at the MCGamer Network!

- Alex

knifeinthebutter

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello There!

This thread sounds good, however, as "Dee" said we would not be as original as we are now.
I know there is a lot of people who want the old MCGamer Community back, where the maps and everything else was much better, however, not everyone wants that back.
For example, there was a lot of people who wanted the 1.7 update, and that were complaining about getting 1.7 back, cause everyone was getting weird hits with 1.8 and only Ping was the thing that made you win every single day. But not everyone wanted 1.7 back, cause there is also a lot of people who liked and got used to 1.8.

I know it is difficult and complicated to understand, and I completely agree with you, that in some aspects, the old Community was much better, but not always.

If we go back to what we had before, this Server would most likely lose a lot of players, and that will make most of the Community sad as well.

Thanks for your time making this thread, and good luck in future!
If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me!
Have a wonderful day at the MCGamer Network!

- Alex
With all due respect, I feel as if the "originality" of the MCSG servers is one of its biggest problems. I think it is apparent that the servers are in a decline of popularity, so obviously people don't like something about it. I believe MCSG is at a point where it NEEDS to branch off and explore different areas that could possible benefit the servers, while keeping one foot in what made it popular in the first place. There are so many competitors now that it is hard to be original, so why not take aspects of other servers that make them successful to create an enjoyable experience for the players of MCSG? And of course I'm not saying MCSG should directly copy other servers, but the implication of different features that have seen success in the SG Community would probably be beneficial to MCSG.

Just a thought! :)

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
MCSG is a competitive server and i highly doubt that people will play unraked sg
Plus if you want to play unranked sg go play badlion

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
MCSG is a competitive server and i highly doubt that people will play unraked sg
Plus if you want to play unranked sg go play badlion
Right what you said is the exact reason why we need an Unranked SG because there are loads of players who would appreciate a less competitive alternative and to those who say just go to Badlion, well that's my point. If mcgamer adopts Unranked SG or a 1v1 server, there would be greater number of players who would stay and potentially bring back other players to MCGamer where you can have the favorite game modes in one place. The point is to be able to play with other MCGamer community members but in a more friendly, less competitive manner which I think will improve player experience. And if you want competition then there is still ranked SG?

AGiantPanda

Quantum
Reaction score
This is perfect for when I don't want to tryhard!
Perfect idea :D Even though it may not be unique it's still a really good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci