• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Save MCSG

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not gonna write a pompous introduction, I'll get straight to the point.

I think we can all agree that MCGamer / MCSG is dying. It's getting less and less players online everyday and that might not be because people are getting bored of it. Sure, that's one main reason that no one can do anything about, but otherwise, we can definitely stop this downward trend and bring MCGamer back to greatness. There hasn't been a development changelog in 1.5 months when they used to come out at least once per week. Without further ado, here are my suggestions:

Suggestion #1: Rebrand MCGamer and just call it MCSG.

I think this would be great since that's what everyone calls it anyway.
Now that you got rid of all the other gamemodes (which was a great move) there are only SG-related modes left (and Skywars but that's really still SG. You loot chests, get stacked, PvP). so it only makes sense to call it MCSG. (Minecraft Survival Games)

Suggestion #2: Replace Battlegrounds with a 1v1/FFA gamemode. (Name is original so keep it)

Let me explain. Loads of you are going to say that Battlegrounds is already FFA. I can't disagree with you there. What I mean is something similar to Battlegrounds but when you are in the little box where you can warp down, you are also given the option to join a 1v1 queue. I think this would be a great idea since a lot of people prefer 1v1 to FFA for obvious reasons (No cleanups, no chugging, just 1v1).

Suggestion 3: Hire more developers.

I get that this is waaaay easier said then done, but it's clear that the current devs aren't catching up to the glitches and new hacks coming out everyday. I'm not bashing on the devs (as I'm sure they have more than enough experience and knowledge for the job at hand), I'm pointing to the small number of them. I get that devs have lives too. That's why we need more. Enough to where, if there is a game-breaking glitch, it doesn't take more than 24 hours to fix.

Suggestion #4: Anti-cheat.

I don't think I even need to mention how terrible the current anti-cheat is. Obviously when there are people speeding across the map at ridiculous speeds there is a problem. There are more departures from MCGamer then there are from Heathrow. Jokes and giggles aside, the current anti-cheat is banning more legitimate players than hackers. I can say from my own experiences that at least 15-20% of the playerbase is filled with hackers. If you guys manage to fix this, this alone will solve half of your problems.

Suggestion #5: General Glitches (that I have found)

• Sometimes regular SG games turn into UHC-SG games.
  • Sometimes, when trying to eat food, it takes forever (literally never ends).
  • Bow sometimes doesn't shoot.
  • You can sponsor 2 of the same item (if 2 people click it at the same time).
  • 1/2 the time, when I connect or do /hub, there isn't a hub for me to join.
  • Fire doesn't place after a really quick turn.
  • MCSG Maker sometimes doesn't create a server.
  • Servers sometimes go offline mid-pregame.
  • /join and /watch sometimes tries to put me in Pregame games.
  • In UHC-SG, crafted golden apples don't stack with regular ones.
Suggestion #6: General Improvements (not critical).
  • Balance tiering in UHC-SG. (way too OP at the moment)
  • Add /whitelist for donors (you decide what rank) this would be good for donors trying to play with friends.
  • Add back MCSG Maker with credits. (Right now there is pretty much no purpose for credits, so no one will buy them).
  • Add back Iron Donor for a price of your choosing (I suggest $2 a month) and only give it access to full games and 1 extra vote (or none at all) since those are the 2 main reasons why people even buy donor).
  • Add /join SG 24/48/120 (Self-explanatory)
  • Make golden heads stackable in UHC-SG.
Suggestion #7: We need an owner. (Suggested by OhFancy)

For those who don't know, Chad has started his own computer repair business which has taken taken a lot of his time and shifted his interest away from MCSG. Right now we need an active owner, who is constantly monitoring the staff team, the server and the community. The best candidates at the moment (in my opinion) are either Yannick or CAmadeusA.

Suggestion #8: Listen to the community. (Suggested by OhFancy)

I think we can all agree that MCSG largest mistake was not listening to the community at critical times. Ex: 1.8 Update etc. It's as simple as this. You need to fix the game-breaking problems (like the anti-cheat) before even thinking of getting a new hub/lobby, or other small/insignificant quirks.

Suggestion #9: Bring back AU/CA. (Suggested by OhFancy)

By closing the AU and CA servers you have essentially forces away those positions, Canadians can still play US so that would be 2nd on the list, but AU is left nowhere. If you don't bring AU back as soon as possible there won't be much of a community left.

Suggestions #10: New Staff Team. (Suggested by OhFancy)

I think it's safe to say that we need a new staff team. When I play on US there are some mods here and there, but on EU they are no where to be found. Again, I'm not bashing on the mods, I'm bashing on the number of them. For MCSG's size we need at least 75 mods (Split evenly across regions) 10-15 Sr. Mods and 5+1 Admins (+1 owner).

Here is current distribution of the Staff Team:

TOTAL: 30 US Staff / 12 EU Staff
Moderators: 23 US Mods / 10 EU Mods
Sr. Moderators: 5 US Sr. Mods / 2 EU Sr. Mods
Admins: 2 US Admins / (drumroll please) 0 EU Admins

Feel free to leave your suggestions down below and I will add them to the thread as I couldn't have possibly covered everything in one thread. I just went over the main points. If you are a staff member I want you to think about something. Would you rather accept the truth and do something about it or close this thread and call it a day. I'm not trying to cause flame or start a war. I only wrote this for the servers good. I grew up on this server and have countless memories on it. I would be really sad if stuff as basic as what I wrote above brought it down.

Last edited:

CheckMyBadStatz

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with all your points but I would also add the fact that MCSGMaker has been on the fritz recently and seeing as clans are one of the most popular, if not the most popular, things on the network I would recommend fixing it immediately.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
The amount of times I've seen a thread similar to this is uncountable.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm just hoping we can make a change for the better.
Since 2012, MCSG players have always wanted an update. Every time an update does occur, many players after a while rant about how they miss the olden days. But they were the ones who created MCSG the way it was, and there is no one else to blame but themselves.

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
Since 2012, MCSG players have always wanted an update. Every time an update does occur, many players after a while rant about how they miss the olden days. But they were the ones who created MCSG the way it was, and there is no one else to blame but themselves.
I 100% agree, but the recent updates have only fixed small, insignifiant things. We need to fix the big things before we move to the small things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci