• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

#SaveMCSG

Do You Agree?

• Total voters

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, I never really saw the glorious old in-game community everyone always touts. At least since the Summer 2012, there have always been terrible people around :p What you need to do is just learn to accept the fact that people will be rude. Tell them off and report them if they get out of hand. I choose not to remember the bad times, but think of when I helped some noob get his first win, when I meet a nice person in chat, or when somebody decides to help me out. On the Internet, there will be bad apples everywhere, but we just need to look out for and have fun with the good people.

JustProBro

Platinum
Reaction score
I find it 10x better then the hive community and find MCSG as a breath of fresh hair in terms of SG , although people say EZ or Rekt it's not as bad as hive when it happens everyday even when it was a close fight and if you kill them they abuse you by putting any excuse possible like OP ping or hacks.I just think that MCSG is lucky and I think this community is taking for grantage how good it is. There's always bad parts in a community but there are LOTS of good parts in a community aswell especially this one.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I find it 10x better then the hive community and find MCSG as a breath of fresh hair in terms of SG , although people say EZ or Rekt it's not as bad as hive when it happens everyday even when it was a close fight and if you kill them they abuse you by putting any excuse possible like OP ping or hacks.I just think that MCSG is lucky and I think this community is taking for grantage how good it is. There's always bad parts in a community but there are LOTS of good parts in a community aswell especially this one.
I actually have to agree with you here. People talk about how horrible it is here, but the grass isn't much greener on the other side. Most other big servers seem to be just as bad, if not worse.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, this is the rudest, most ruthless online community I have ever seen.
You don't get around a lot do you :3 and there are actually some really nice people on this community but everyone has their bad days but still the majority are awesome ^-^

And ruthless? This is the hunger games what do you expect : p

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Be the bigger man and ignore it. Don't get offended, because nobody can judge you by the way you play a video game. If anyone upsets you in any way, shape or form, report them. Don't like the community? Don't get involved with the community. A campaign is not necessary, people just need to learn to ignore provocative comments and in certain circumstances report.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
You don't get around a lot do you :3 and there are actually some really nice people on this community but everyone has their bad days but still the majority are awesome ^-^

And ruthless? This is the hunger games what do you expect : p
I have played MCSG since May of 2012. I have played 3,500 games on BitoBain. As for the forums, I am quite inexperienced around here. When I say this community sucks, I mean the collective personality of everybody who plays MCSG, not just the people who post on the forums. I think the main adjectives I would use to describe most players would be prideful, selfish, rude, and immature. This is a conclusion I have taken a long time to reach.

How many times do I see people complement one another in game for their abilities or accomplishments, or even a cool skin? Never, unless it is a famous person, in which case they are only doing so to raise themselves up the social pyramid. How often do people say GG when it was actually an interesting and close game? Almost never. How often do people swear in the lobby? Every couple of seconds. How often do we degrade others or try to draw attention to ourselves? Several times per game. How often do we get betrayed after forming a team? (I usually just get myself a teammate in chat) About half of the time for me, but I've never betrayed someone. If any of you remember my old "The Honor Test" thread, then you know that most people score quite low on that test.

And what you say about supposed awesome people in this community? Maybe they exist, but not in my world. To me it seems the developers are the coolest people here, because they actually devote a lot of time to making this community a better place. I've never met someone who took me under their wing, or helped me when I was in a sticky spot just for the heck of it, or just let me win. Whenever someone has teamed with me, it was because they wanted to increase their own chances of winning, not to get to know another human being.
Sure, I did get accepted into a clan once, but they weren't nearly as interested in me when they figured out that I was using my sister's skin that day. Speaking of clans, many of the people here on the forums (who are supposedly nice people) have said very rude things to me when I have got caught in the middle of clan battles, or rather when I stick around because they are fun things to watch and get caught up in. Many people here pretend to be nice, just to earn respect, but in game are complete jerks.

One time I was in a Rebels versus Forgotten game, and I managed to take control of the southern route on Holiday Resort, miraculously securing full iron armor and four diamonds within the first two minutes or so. I went up and got myself diamond boots and an iron sword, knocking off a clan member in the process. All five or so came up, and I jumped into the water on a water slide, and got away temporarily. When they were about to engage on the western beach, I attacked again from behind, and got two or three of them very low before finally dying. They then lost the fight on the western beach, possibly because I split them up. Then they started flaming me like nobody's business, but I technically broke no rules. A couple told me to get lost, and a few others told me I was hopeless because I had only a 1/9 ratio or whatever. Tigerstain was the meanest one there, I think. However they were probably very ticked at the moment, so one should not take it too seriously.

Now you are thinking, BitoBain is like one of the rats of the community, just interfering with clan wars and doing all kinds of uncouth things. But that is what we do, the people who still like to play this game but get treated like crap because we don't have good enough fps to PvP confidently, and our internet is no better. MCSG will always be fun, but the downtrodden masses don't play this game for the community, we play it because we like competitive games. I play MCSG because it is fun to be competitive about something. People like Lovelights or HugBabyBear probably think the community is rainbows and flowers, ironically, cause everyone thinks Lovelights' ratio is amazing and there is a girl with over 2,000 wins, but most of us are dust.

What do people want? We want respect. We don't want to be called scrubs or nubs. We want to have a good time and be very competitive, but a little sportsmanship to go with it. We want to not get told "get lost, kid" when we are in a clan battle. We want honest teammates. And I know somebody will say this: "It's just a game." My response: Games are real life.

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have played MCSG since May of 2012. I have played 3,500 games between BitoBain and ebonypen, my two accounts. As for the forums, I am quite inexperienced around here. When I say this community sucks, I mean the collective personality of everybody who plays MCSG, not just the people who post on the forums. I think the main adjectives I would use to describe most players would be prideful, selfish, rude, and immature. This is a conclusion I have taken a long time to reach.

How many times do I see people complement one another in game for their abilities or accomplishments, or even a cool skin? Never, unless it is a famous person, in which case they are only doing so to raise themselves up the social pyramid. How often do people say GG when it was actually an interesting and close game? Almost never. How often do people swear in the lobby? Every couple of seconds. How often do we degrade others or try to draw attention to ourselves? Several times per game. How often do we get betrayed after forming a team? (I usually just get myself a teammate in chat) About half of the time for me, but I've never betrayed someone. If any of you remember my old "The Honor Test" thread, then you know that most people score quite low on that test.

And what you say about supposed awesome people in this community? Maybe they exist, but not in my world. To me it seems the developers are the coolest people here, because they actually devote a lot of time to making this community a better place. I've never met someone who took me under their wing, or helped me when I was in a sticky spot just for the heck of it, or just let me win. Whenever someone has teamed with me, it was because they wanted to increase their own chances of winning, not to get to know another human being.
Sure, I did get accepted into a clan once, but they weren't nearly as interested in me when they figured out that I was using my sister's skin that day. Speaking of clans, many of the people here on the forums (who are supposedly nice people) have said very rude things to me when I have got caught in the middle of clan battles, or rather when I stick around because they are fun things to watch and get caught up in. Many people here pretend to be nice, just to earn respect, but in game are complete jerks.

One time I was in a Rebels versus Forgotten game, and I managed to take control of the southern route on Holiday Resort, miraculously securing full iron armor and four diamonds within the first two minutes or so. I went up and got myself diamond boots and an iron sword, knocking off a clan member in the process. All five or so came up, and I jumped into the water on a water slide, and got away temporarily. When they were about to engage on the western beach, I attacked again from behind, and got two or three of them very low before finally dying. They then lost the fight on the western beach, possibly because I split them up. Then they started flaming me like nobody's business, but I technically broke no rules. A couple told me to get lost, and a few others told me I was hopeless because ebonypen has only a 1/9 ratio or whatever. Tigerstain was the meanest one there, I think. However they were probably very ticked at the moment, so one should not take it too seriously.

Now you are thinking, BitoBain is like one of the rats of the community, just interfering with clan wars and doing all kinds of uncouth things. But that is what we do, the people who still like to play this game but get treated like crap because we don't have good enough fps to PvP confidently, and our internet is no better. MCSG will always be fun, but the downtrodden masses don't play this game for the community, we play it because we like competitive games. I play MCSG because it is fun to be competitive about something. People like Lovelights or HugBabyBear probably think the community is rainbows and flowers, ironically, cause everyone thinks Lovelights' ratio is amazing and there is a girl with over 2,000 wins, but most of us are dust.

What do people want? We want respect. We don't want to be called scrubs or nubs. We want to have a good time and be very competitive, but a little sportsmanship to go with it. We want to not get told "get lost, kid" when we are in a clan battle. We want honest teammates. And I know somebody will say this: "It's just a game." My response: Games are real life.
You know what I try to do? I tell off the jerks I see in game. I call them out. I tell people to stop breaking rules. And after it's all said and done; I forget about them. They aren't what's important. I focus on the nice guys I do see. I try to be friendly to people and have conversations with guys that are interested in "y im purple." I sometimes team with people that need the help. Now, I'm not a liar. I don't always team with everyone I see, I don't always spare poorly geared enemies, because sometimes it's fun to play to win. But the point is I don't do things with malice, see things with malice, respond to others with malice. I ignore the bad people in my memory because they aren't worth worrying about. They'll always be there, always have been, and maybe one day they'll learn a lesson about respect, kindness, and just having fun. But until then I just fondly recall the good people and good things I do see.

And as far as gaming communities go, this one isn't half bad. I feel lucky I don't have to go through LoL kinda stuff everyday.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Honestly, this isn't a new thing. I remember last year when the older players were saying the same things: "The community is terrible now! It was so much better in the summer of 2012!"

The community grows, goes through cycles, stages. Honestly, the fact that the community feels different might be a healthy sign that MCSG is still growing strong: It's not the same active players that were around before, or people have changed and adapted, clearly somewhere along the way, something happened, which means MCSG likely isn't struggling with growing a new playerbase all the time.

Does this mean the competitiveness to win causing toxic behavior isn't a bad thing? Heck no, that could stand to be addressed. And while maybe a rule or two could be added here and there, it's up to the community to solve that problem for a big part of it. There is a reason many games have had developers give up on trying to stop it beyond basic filters and a moderation team for forums: It's almost impossible. I wish you good luck in your endeavors to get the community to fix it.

In general, I've noticed that a game community feeling worse, or the game itself feeling more competitive, is natural for some people over time when playing a game. I came here to play for fun and that's what I assumed most of the community was doing when I played, but after I became active and played for a while, I heard stories from many parties of old, before they disappeared. Things in the earliest days of MCSG is always made out to be so great by the people who talked to me about it...but honestly? All I heard was that there were arguments between clans, issues within the staff, and general drama, just like there always has been and always will be...but in fact, it was worse then, while the server was developing and these events had significant impact on the growth of the server. Nowadays, arguments between clans are a lot less of significant events to everyone else, and staff issues are dealt with without the whole community knowing details they shouldn't. (And for good reason, mind you.)

None of these old arguments were things I heard about then, when they were happening, though. They took place in private places, spread by word of mouth, made their way to small portions of the forums, where I had to know a few names and terms by heart to understand. It took some time in the community before I noticed how bad it really was. For a while after joining, I was under the impression that, aside from the obvious raging behind computer screens that would happen occasionally, people were mostly pretty friendly in places like the forums. This changed when I became really active.

In my case, part of the reason I play so little now is because I was around for so long that every little thing started getting to me. This is for a combination of reasons, but how much I noticed all this drama stuff added to the pile. I tried to come back around the time the Blamph's attempted to restart, but that experience only farther proved to me that I couldn't ignore the problems. I stayed here for a long time, and was so active during the time, that how I personally felt about a whole bunch of little things builds up. When I lost a game, it seriously matter to me, for reasons sometimes not only involving the player or game itself.

Edit:
I wish more people like you would say their opinions on the subject. Few posts on the forums and no donor rank, but lots of experience. It's interesting to see how the "nobodies", for lack of a better word, get treated just because they aren't well know.

All I've seen is what I get to hear. I always get treated special in-game by even random newer players because of my rank, so I honestly don't know the experience for people like you.

Opinions from players like yourself are valuable: Don't be afraid of other players bringing you down. I may not personally agree with everything you said, but I can perfectly understand where you are coming from.

(Though you saying "famous" players being nice being due to getting up the social tree kind of hurt. D: I may not be famous, but my rank certainly makes lots of people think I am. Certainly, I am extra nice due to my rank, but that's because I'm obligated to, people look up to special rank colors, I can't say the things I may sometimes want to say, or I'd risk loss of rank, punishment, and would be a horrible roll-model for other players. Is it wrong for me to make everything sound as polite as possible?)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci