• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

School

Are you excited for school?

• Total voters
Reaction score
School. A word many of us probably dread.
Most of us are probably on summer break right now (the longest break in the year). Hopefully you're all having a lovely time. However, school commercials are starting to air in my neighborhood. And stores are selling backpacks, pencils, stickers, and all sorts of school supplies. That means 1 of 2 things.
1) I'm hallucinating
2) School is almost here
I'm going to assume it's option #2.

So, I'm starting high school (9th grade) this year. For those of you who might not know, 9th grade generally consists of folks ages 14-15. I'm getting my books and my schedule on Thursday, August 8th, and school is starting on August 14th. I haven't read one of my summer books yet.
Anyways!
I am, for the first time in my life, excited for school. I'll probably think the exact opposite once the work comes in, but it's going to be a good year. I have a theatre class, I'm going to join lots of clubs, I'm [hopefully] going to make new friends, and I am possibly studying abroad [in Italy] in the spring! I'm pumped.

Well, friends, when does school start for you? How do you feel about school? What grade/age group are you going into? Blahblahblah, etc.etc.etc.

EDIT: Just had my first day at school. Wasn't too bad, half of my classes I don't know anyone, though. Realizing I don't relate with my buddies much anymore. Hopefully I get some new ones. :D

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
School makes me cri everytim. EVERYTIM!

tumblr_mr0kdmm5iO1sb7b36o1_500.gif

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Entering highschool this year, looking forward to it. I'm going to wish it's like in the movies when you get to run around the hallways, crawl in the airvents, and I get the perfectly awesome girlfriend.
I doubt it's going to work that way though...

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Entering highschool this year, looking forward to it. I'm going to wish it's like in the movies when you get to run around the hallways, crawl in the airvents, and I get the perfectly awesome girlfriend.
I doubt it's going to work that way though...
I didn't crawl through air-vents although everything else worked out like you said.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm going to private school, from what I hear it's super strict.
Like, hair too long detention strict.
Public schools FTW!

But seriously.. Hair to long and you get a detention? This is school, not military.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Public schools FTW!

But seriously.. Hair to long and you get a detention? This is school, not military.
Yup. It really sucks because I like my hair a bit longer. This is the type of school where it's either a buzz cut or one of those short spiked up things. Can't stand either of those, it makes me feel like an infant.
I wish I could go to public school, oh how I wish. Parents won't budge on that one though :/

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yup. It really sucks because I like my hair a bit longer. This is the type of school where it's either a buzz cut or one of those short spiked up things. Can't stand either of those, it makes me feel like an infant.
I wish I could go to public school, oh how I wish. Parents won't budge on that one though :/
I honestly don't see the benefit of going to a private school. Probably just me though. : p

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I honestly don't see the benefit of going to a private school. Probably just me though. : p
Well, I am raised in a Christian family. Part of the reason, my parents also believe it get's a better education for me. Private schools are more challenging from what I hear, most of the time. Not saying there aren't a fair share of challenging public schools.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, I am raised in a Christian family. Part of the reason, my parents also believe it get's a better education for me. Private schools are more challenging from what I hear, most of the time. Not saying there aren't a fair share of challenging public schools.
Yeah, that is true.

I just told my parents I wanted to go to a certain school, they googled it and saw it was one of the best public schools in my state and were like "Sure why not"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci