• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Science Fair Projects!

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi!

I had a spontaneous idea for a thread and I decided to make it!
It's pretty simple, just like any other thread ever.
What Science Fair projects did you conceive in your life?

I personally have made two of them, one was a written project about Astronomy because we weren't forced to do an experiment, and my second year, I made one about Sound Insulation! I'm just curious to what you guys have done, and no, this isn't one of those super personal threads, I'm not asking for the date you lost your virginity or anything....

~Mamiamato24 | Azurdo

J

Joel/MadDawg

I had to do science projects in 4th and 5th grade. In 4th grade mine was about whether or not coca cola cleaned pennies, and in 5th grade I tested to see if there was actually more vanilla flavor in double vanilla iced cream. I pretty much just wanted excuses for my mom to buy soda and ice cream :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I had to do science projects in 4th and 5th grade. In 4th grade mine was about whether or not coca cola cleaned pennies, and in 5th grade I tested to see if there was actually more vanilla flavor in double vanilla iced cream. I pretty much just wanted excuses for my mom to by soda and ice cream :rolleyes:
Now that I think of it, I should have done something involving bacon xD

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
I had to do science projects in 4th and 5th grade. In 4th grade mine was about whether or not coca cola cleaned pennies, and in 5th grade I tested to see if there was actually more vanilla flavor in double vanilla iced cream. I pretty much just wanted excuses for my mom to by soda and ice cream :rolleyes:
Smart man. Get soda and ice cream while doing your projects ;)

R3vVolution

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I did this thing in 3rd grade where I spun a top with red, blue and yellow, and it would turn white. :O

D

Damien // Teepwn

The effect temperature has on the rate of which bacteria can ferment lactose in milk.

Totally wasn't thought up by my dad or anything... No...

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember doing really bad science project presentations as a kid, such as "Do water-saving showerheads really save water" and "does dryer lint (a waste product known for its flammability) make a good insulation material?" Answers: Yes, and No.

I was always saddened by that, because by the time I actually learned about and had access to really cool science stuff, I was in an academic environment that no longer offered science fairs.
Things I would do at a science fair now:
  • Marble rollercoaster. Every kid who was cool did one.
  • Demonstrating a Ferrofluid. Those things are awesome.
  • Making a Non-Newtonian Fluid.
  • Diet Coke and Mentos. It really does work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci