• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Scott: One of the best friends I've ever had.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
395 days after being hired, one of my most favorite internet friends has decided to step down from his staff position at MCGamer. I've known him for a long time and have done a lot with him, so it's really sad to see him go. I'll run through a brief history of my friendship with Scott. Here goes!

So, at around 10 p.m. on a late-April Friday night, I saw Scott alone in Mod Chat 4. One of the main reasons I applied is because I've heard great things about making new friends in the staff team and I had lost all my friends that played Minecraft, so I joined the channel and started talking to him. I've already been a moderator for about 2 weeks at this time and he was just hired, so I decided to show him the ropes of TeamSpeak moderation. We started going through the TeamSpeak, ridding it of the rule breakers, and ended up getting along quite well. Immediately the next day, someone told Scott and I that we were the "TeamSpeak Police". We were pretty proud and we became inseparable over the course of the next couple weeks. Somewhere in between that time, we created the Cardboard Box, which is why you see his office named "Scott's Cardboard Box" on any TeamSpeak he owns. It always secretly annoyed me how he always put his name first, but it's not a big deal.

Anyways, we were almost inseparable from each other, as Lively once said. We did a lot together. We created the Staff Q&A, we became the TeamSpeak police, we got Scott his first win, we created Ascendancy with Jon | Ycleped, he convinced me to buy my membership to Team Elite, etc. We did a lot and strengthened our friendship through the course of my first 5 months of being a staff member.

I then resigned about a week before my sophomore year started. The first person I talked to about resigning was Scott. I eventually came to terms and just resigned. When I announced that I may came back, Scott seemed to have gotten really excited. I came back and got my lead role back in the Staff Q&A and things almost picked up right where they left off. 2 and a half months later, here I am making a thread about his resignation. Just like it was for me, I was the first person he came to about resigning and I've known this was coming for about 2 weeks. It's been a really fun ride Scott, and as you've said yourself, "you're the closet thing I've ever had to a brother over the internet". I'm going to miss you in the staff team, buddy.

I'm just going to tag you a bunch now to make sure you get the notification.
Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Scott was more than deserving of VIP. Sad to see one of the most active and helpful mods leave :c

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Even though I didn't experience this myself, the nostalgia sent chills down my spine. Which is saying a lot because I'm reading this in the shower right now. Best of luck to Scott. You're both so lucky to have each other as friends.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Scott was more than deserving of VIP. Sad to see one of the most active and helpful mods leave :c
I can't think of anyone more deserving, to be honest.
Even though I didn't experience this myself, the nostalgia sent chills down my spine. Which is saying a lot because I'm reading this in the shower right now. Best of luck to Scott. You're both so lucky to have each other as friends.
You're reading this in the shower!? o: Anyways, I'm extremely lucky that I randomly started talking to him. I've started to do this more often as it really strengthens my friendships. Some people get discouraged from making friends and having relationships for fear of loss, but without those relationships life is nothing. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
;-; this was beautiful
So are you!

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
Scott was a great man. I wish I could've known Scott like you have. Great read :')

prestomesto

Experienced
Reaction score
Scott is a really great person, although I have only known you both for 2 weeks you are both individually wonderful people :)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although I've only known you two via Team Atlas and the forums, I'd like to say that Scott's someone you can always count on. If you needed someone to lock a thread or just be a friend, you'd go to him. Because of that and likely many more reasons, he's gotten a job.

You know that ElementAnimation video called Remembering Scott? Well, now we're remembering Scott (at least as a mod). :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci