• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Search for a Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJJ100100

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to search for a lobby that has a map that can be voted for.

Reason: Sometimes, you want to find a map to vote for and play, but the map isn't on many lobbies.

Pros:
  • It would allow more people to play the map that they would like to play.
  • More people would play because they can play on the map they want more often.

Cons:
  • There would be people spread across lobbies and there would be less people per game.
  • It could be possibly hard to implement.
  • If this is implemented, all the new maps will be shunned and not get any exposure because people will only want to play the ones they know.

Last edited:

SolitudeEU

Experienced
Reaction score
i always wanted this to be implemented
but im not sure if a plugin like this exists on the internet xD

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i always wanted this to be implemented
but im not sure if a plugin like this exists on the internet xD
MCGamer Codes each individual plugin within MCGamer, they don;t source them from the internet. - If it's possible in Minecraft the Devs can code it.

SolitudeEU

Experienced
Reaction score
MCGamer Codes each individual plugin within MCGamer, they don;t source them from the internet. - If it's possible in Minecraft the Devs can code it.
it would be quite hard tho wouldnt it? ;~;

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
it would be quite hard tho wouldnt it? ;~;
I don't believe it is... Just give every map a value and search for lobby's which have the matching value of the map you are searching for

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
If this is implemented, all the new maps will be shunned and not get any exposure because people will only want to play the ones they know. Sure, some of the more aware members will go search for those newly implemented maps, but that's only a fraction of the people who play.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the idea. I'd love to have guarantee to play some of my favorite maps that are typically ignored, but I feel like it would be extra hard for me to still get in a game with enough people. I personally think this is a good idea if there's a drought of maps being submitted, but that won't happen for a while. At the moment, I still think it's pretty easy to find a map you like, if you like one of the popular ones, and the raffle system (genius by the way) allows you to play those underrated maps you enjoy.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to search for a lobby that has a map that can be voted for.

Reason: Sometimes, you want to find a map to vote for and play, but the map isn't on many lobbies.
Pros:
  • It would allow more people to play the map that they would like to play.
  • More people would play because they can play on the map they want more often.

Cons:

• There would be people spread across lobbies and there would be less people per game.
  • It could be possibly hard to implement.

Knowing the general background of Java, and being quite familiar with Bukkit, this would require a complete rework to our queue system, probably something the Administration is not interested in just due a few players not liking the maps in the voting queue.

Locked.

I don't believe it is... Just give every map a value and search for lobby's which have the matching value of the map you are searching for
We have hundreds of servers powering SG...it'd be quite difficult to arrange this based on assigning a value in some file stored in a plugin JAR file, especially when we go through the process of adding more servers. There is likely a simpler solution the developer's can nack up, but honestly, this is such a small thing requested, it's not even worth the time of looking into until it becomes heavily request, which even then, no promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci