• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

server lagging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all, I need to know what server you are on to troubleshoot this, also you have now a "/lag" command so you can see the TPS of the server. If it's in the green, its your client that is lagging.

ninjaXpacman

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know if it's client lag or not, I'm on us4 at the moment and the server is getting 20 TPS, but the server sometimes freezes for me and then it sends me back. I don't know what the problem is...help?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We notice this freezing starting after the minecraft auth servers started. So we are unsure it was unrelated or not. Again if the server is at 18-20TPS, its not the server that is lagging.

ninjaXpacman

Survivor
Reaction score
We notice this freezing starting after the minecraft auth servers started. So we are unsure it was unrelated or not. Again if the server is at 18-20TPS, its not the server that is lagging.
If the server isn't lagging, any idea how to fix the client lag?

coolblublox

Spectator
Reaction score
i am sorry to change the subject but chad i left a ban appeal and i was hoping if u could take a look that would be great

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking into this on the minecraft forums if anyone else has experience this issue. Not entirely sure yet on whats going on.

pjlill

Spectator
Reaction score
Worst ever for lag tonight - I never had this problem before. I tried the /lag on one of the servers....and the command itself lagged - 5 seconds before I got a green 20TPS response. I know that's supposed to be good. But it really isn't right this evening. I know this is not going to help too much in the troubleshooting, sorry.

Calebrox124

Platinum
Reaction score
The lag has been a bit unbearable, we know. Don't think that we aren't trying everything we can to ensure a steady and fun time on MCSG's servers. Just try to be patient while we work all this out. Like Chad said, we are still trying to figure out the exact reason for the lag. Please keep using the /lag command and keep sending in feedback on the servers.

Thanks,
Caleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci