• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Servers going down for updates, EU for RAM upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't really have too much of a problem with this: Iron does seem a little unfitting for a Hunger Games arena. :p And you can still craft swords and get armor. :)

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
This way you EARN your good armor, instead of just pulling it out of a chest.

Winnend

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't like any of this. There should be only 1 crafting table, and you shouldn't have to craft anything besides diamond. No one will have armor or anything

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So we need to shut down the servers for an update to address some big fixes and memory leaks. Also we are changing the chests now to make it so that iron and up needs to be crafted now. This was decided after reading the chest voting forum as that should be the best solution. The corn chests now have more items like diamond, iron and gold, and a lot of the better food. We also threw in some wood and stone tools to mix in the pot to spice the chances up as well. We will try it out this weekend and see if you all like it and if not, I will tweak it again. I also hid 3 more crafting tables in the outside of the corn to make it so you don't need to always fight for the middle.

EU, I scheduled the upgrade and your server should be up within an hour or less.

Update: Guys, like we said, we are trying this out and if it doesn't work, we will revert back! LOL, this change isn't final as I wanted to see if it will work. Right now the new format is only on servers 1-10 and I will keep it like that. The old game variant is on EU 1-8 and US 11-20 if you like the old style. Just an FYI. So if you are "quitting the server" because of this change, don't as this is just a 1 day test to see how the gameplay changes. We know we may make some people unhappy with some minor changes if this becomes finalized but our goal is to make the majority happy. :p
what this basically does is kill the one man survival aspect... any team has a major advantage now and solo players are thrown under the bus. you have a team of 3 VIA Skype and you have the corn for the first night, you basically win. hands down.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will make some changes to the chests tomorrow after the feedback I got today. I think we will add some iron back but not weapons, only armor.

Legacy

Survivor
Reaction score
I believe some of the chests in some of the "unique puzzles" are empty. And the wooden pressure plate's/redstone ore puzzle's dispenser is ALWAYS empty. But I guess it never refills because the dispenser is not a chest.

Kingo

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm still searching for the crafting tables D:. When you said you put them out of the middle, did you mean around the edge where the trees are or further out in the world?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hosting company took the server down without my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members