• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Servers going down for updates, EU for RAM upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we need to shut down the servers for an update to address some big fixes and memory leaks. Also we are changing the chests now to make it so that iron and up needs to be crafted now. This was decided after reading the chest voting forum as that should be the best solution. The corn chests now have more items like diamond, iron and gold, and a lot of the better food. We also threw in some wood and stone tools to mix in the pot to spice the chances up as well. We will try it out this weekend and see if you all like it and if not, I will tweak it again. I also hid 3 more crafting tables in the outside of the corn to make it so you don't need to always fight for the middle.

EU, I scheduled the upgrade and your server should be up within an hour or less.

Update: Guys, like we said, we are trying this out and if it doesn't work, we will revert back! LOL, this change isn't final as I wanted to see if it will work. Right now the new format is only on servers 1-10 and I will keep it like that. The old game variant is on EU 1-8 and US 11-20 if you like the old style. Just an FYI. So if you are "quitting the server" because of this change, don't as this is just a 1 day test to see how the gameplay changes. We know we may make some people unhappy with some minor changes if this becomes finalized but our goal is to make the majority happy. :p

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Maybe have iron armor OR swords still spawn, but you have to craft the other? Doing it this way just makes iron the new diamond. Teams/campers will have full iron and everyone else will be stuck with gold/leather armor and stone swords....

The new crafting tables sound good, though. Are they close to spawn, just not in the center? If so, I think that will work great. It still lures people to the center to craft, but doesn't force people to fight through teams just to get a decent sword...

Now that I think about it, the extra tables may even up the disadvantage of having to craft iron/diamond.... I guess we'll see.

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Extra crafting table's should be interesting.

At least I can watch the football with out been distracted playing HG's for an hour now!!

Reaction score
I like the idea of more crafting tables and having to craft the iron stuff. It will help even out all the chests refilling and not just he ones in the corn.

Jtzink

Career
Reaction score
I like the new ideas! Maybe add 1 or 2 more furnaces around the map, though.

lol_whut

Spectator
Reaction score
I hope it wont be too hard to find those crafting tables.
And about furnaces, you will also need coal

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
I hope it wont be too hard to find those crafting tables.
And about furnaces, you will also need coal
Saplings and sticks make okay fuel sources. You'll need about two saplings to cook one piece of food, but that's what we have to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci