• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Servers have been upgraded to 1.4, it's safe to update!

Mine_creeper

Tribute
Reaction score
Are you using windows xp?

As for what we have been seeing, here are some major issues:
  • Servers have way more lag than usual (this is confirmed from other communities that 1.4 is not as efficient as 1.3)
  • People using Windows XP cannot connect to the new servers. Seeing messages "cannot resolve host names" (this is because our new dns mapping and we are still troubleshooting this)
  • Maps randomly won't load
Some features we are having trouble adding:

• Voting is messing up but planning to add it soon as 1.4 messed it up
  • Level 3 chests (Something new to spice up the game)
If you see anything else, let us know but we are working on it in our end.
So my donor will probbaly run out before i can play just because i have a windows xp *Sigh*

Nightwing0646

Spectator
Reaction score
Alright, the servers are basically unplayable for me now because of lag... is there any reason to believe this will improve?

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
To those who cant resolve host name/unknown host, go back and read my earlier posts!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So my donor will probably run out before i can play just because i have a windows xp *Sigh*
We will be looking into this as fast as we can as apparently this is just a compatibility issue with the 12 year old operating system. Checking out microsofts website for any hotfixes we can tell you to install

Just out of curiosity why did you make it so that when a server restarts?
We have a large flow of people, so this helps to get everyone in our servers and a change to play. The technical side of it is that it clears RAM and makes sure the next game is completely stable from having a fresh start.

Alright, the servers are basically unplayable for me now because of lag... is there any reason to believe this will improve?
Bukkit will only improve from this point on, so yes. Give it a week or so and our servers will start becoming more stable. This is the case for any update season and the next few weeks will be bumpy for most communities.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score

• Servers have way more lag than usual (this is confirmed from other communities that 1.4 is not as efficient as 1.3)
  • People using Windows XP cannot connect to the new servers. Seeing messages "cannot resolve host names" (this is because our new dns mapping and we are still troubleshooting this)

and 1.3 was efficient? efficient was 1.2

Reactions: Le0

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

How's level 3 chest like? Im excited :3

xgirble

Survivor
Reaction score
ooh level 3 chests another reason for a hacker to kill me -.-

xNovaXHDx

Career
Reaction score
i cant join the teamspeak or any of the servers.. please fix by tomorrow please!! :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci