• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG Eruption!

Should This Be On MCSG???

• Total voters

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
Aftermath of a volcanic eruption on a Small Volcanic Island that contains a poor country,the map is in 2 parts, separated by a river, desert, mainly plains including the volcano that contains the spawn, and a grassy, lively part that contains the majority of landmarks.This map has alot of qualities people like in a map, its small, fast, planned out, good amount of chests.Also i believe it has alot of similarities to SG4 which is probably the most liked map on the servers.It also has fun, roof to roof action in the slum to add another dimension to the action
Its not got giant hills everywhere because maps that are small, but have a giant amount of terraforming are never played because who really likes climbing giant hills all the time and loosing all there food bar, instead it has a frequent amount of small,hills that i believe will make it fun to play.Contains chest hotspots for great PvP and gameplay.
Great map for close quarters action

Made by Team Pumpkin This is are first ever map!
200 radius, approximately 100 chests

Note Suggestions,Parts you like and constructive criticism below (we frequently update and will act on your comments)

Updated trailer

Pictures

More Pics- http://www.mediafire.com/view/irzrrdv6z14ob/Eruption Pics#byj5v5e8on8q04g

Last edited:

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
If you have any improvements, or suggestions let me know also plz

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Too tired to give a full review, but here's my opinion on the map:
  • Too many large, empty spaces. Big, empty spaces make chases extremely boring and therefor makes the PvP very, very uninteresting. Build more structures or terraform like crazy in these areas. A flat map is a no-no.
  • Extremely undetailed and simple structures. Dude! Look at those structures, they're almost entirely made out of two or three types of blocks! I can not see a single building that looks unique from the others, they all look the same and are all places symmetrically which make them all seem even more unappealing. Same goes for the cornucopia, it's made out of 99,9% pure stone. The map NEEDS alot more details.
  • Lacks terraforming. Like I said before, this map is very flat. All maps, except for city- based maps like SG2, should have a large amount of terraforming, at least some hills and mountains here and there. This map has one, HUGE volcano in the middle of a very, very flat desert. It doesn't look too good. Unless it's an underwater volcano or just a volcano out in the sea (like the one on Breeze Island), a volcano should always have at least a jungle or some mountains surrounding it. Having a volcano sticking up of the ground in a comepletely flat area doesn't look alright.
  • It doesn't stick to one, single theme! You either go for one theme or another theme. You can't throw in a castle/church along with a volcano and a South- african looking village in the same map. You always stick to ONE theme.
I apologize if my opinion seems offensive in any way, but it's an opinion on the map, not on the creator. It's not biased in any way either and I wish you good luck with this project.

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
Too tired to give a full review, but here's my opinion on the map:
  • Too many large, empty spaces.
  • Extremely undetailed and simple structures. Dude! Look at those structures, they're almost entirely made out of two or three types of blocks!
  • Lacks terraforming. This map has one, HUGE volcano in the middle of a very, very flat desert. It doesn't look too good. Unless it's an underwater volcano or just a volcano out in the sea (like the one on Breeze Island), a volcano should always have at least a jungle or some mountains surrounding it. Having a volcano sticking up of the ground in a comepletely flat area doesn't look alright.
  • It doesn't stick to one, single theme! You either go for one theme or another theme. You can't throw in a castle/church along with a volcano and a South- african looking village in the same map. You always stick to ONE theme.
im not trying to start a argument but i disagree, fair enough saying it is a flat map, we didn't want it to have giant hills we wanted it to be quite flat like sg4.
we purposely made the buildings out of the same materials and generally made them out of the blocks you find in the world eg- hay-bales, wheat field and jungle wood- jungle. but i understand what you mean saying some the same because all the slum buildings are the same and we will consider going back and changing it
and finally the theme if you read at the top the theme is a LEDC hit by a Eruption, volcanos erupt and destroy everything in there path, if we were being realistic, the whole map would be just flat plainlands and everything would be wiped out, they will have religion and that explains the church, a volcano doesn't need a theme it can be anywhere and finaly the south african villiage is the tribal area, places like the amazon rain forest have thousands of tribes in them so we put it in a jungle

i understand thats your opinion however and that is just a explanation for things

Last edited:

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
------UPDATE----

new slum but still fun rooftop action
more terraforming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members