• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG Timber (25%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score

SG Timber is a map based off of a 1900's logging town. Work began on August 1st, and I now would like to share with you our progress, so you can give feedback and suggestions. I will update this thread as progress on the map continues. Once we reach 50% completion I will post a download link, which I will update up until the map is done. This is my first ever map, and my first ever time terraforming, so tips appreciated. :)

This map is built by:
arsenalfcgunners and swissymania

Progress (Updated August 3rd, 2014)
Completed:
  • 5 Cabins have been built
  • Corn is complete (may still be tweaked)
  • Terraforming around the perimeter of the map is 50% complete
  • Train Station is complete
  • 1 Logging truck is complete
  • A small redwood forest has been built.
  • Sawmill
  • Train
Future Builds:
  • Finish terraforming (Add trees)
  • Build more logging trucks
  • Build a logged out forest
  • Add more forest
  • Add a more town buildings
  • Add chests
  • Finish rivers
  • Build a lake.
  • Hunting Lodge
  • Much more (Ideas appreciated)
Pictures: (No Shaders, and PVP texture pack. I want it took look like what you will experience playing!)
View of cabins.

Cabin interior downstairs. (Each cabin's interior is unique)

Cabin interior upstairs. (Unique for each cabin)

Corn (Suggestions welcome to help improve it)

Logging Truck

Train Station

Train Station Interior

Switch in train tracks + a logging rail car!

Future site of train bridge

Waterfall, terraforming is not complete. Trees and grass near the top will be added. Tips on my terraforming are appreciated as I learned VoxelSniper four days ago.

More incomplete terraforming. Once again, no grass added to the top yet. Also I will add some trees, and touch it up some.
Photo update: (August 10th, 2014, Completion is now 25%)
Train engine.

Train engine again.

Box car and caboose.

Updated terraforming. (trees have still not been added)

General Store

Muffins! (in the general store)

More General Store interior.

Sawmill interior.

Sawmill exterior.

Arial view of corn.

Last edited:

Devblock

Survivor
Reaction score
The overall detail right now isn't all that good - the buildings are flat and lack depth. Use some other blocks and detailing blocks (stairs, etc.) to bring out the walls.

The terraforming is pretty unnatural and funky at points. It really needs some better naturalization. For a first time, though, it's fine, although it would not make it as it is now.

The trees are too boring and symmetrical to be aesthetically pleasing - try and style them like the trees in Alaskan Village and, if you need to, use a custom tree repository.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The overall detail right now isn't all that good - the buildings are flat and lack depth. Use some other blocks and detailing blocks (stairs, etc.) to bring out the walls.

The terraforming is pretty unnatural and funky at points. It really needs some better naturalization. For a first time, though, it's fine, although it would not make it as it is now.

The trees are too boring and symmetrical to be aesthetically pleasing - try and style them like the trees in Alaskan Village and, if you need to, use a custom tree repository.
The terraforming is a lot better now. I worked on it some. I will update the pictures soon. I would agree the trees need some work. I will try to make them better. Swissymania is doing most of the buildings, so I will tell our advice.

ChandlersMc

Survivor
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings, well over all good map! are you looking for some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci