• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Shady Hollow

Should this be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
UPDATES!!!
Ok, so cadbane4321 and I understand that maps are supposed to be getting added around the beginning of June. Since we don't have much longer to wait until we know the fait of this map, we decided to work this previous weekend to attempt to edit/change the map based off of everyone's comments. I think everyone will be pleased with the changes.

This is an example of some of the smaller detail work we did. In this particular picture we added a cobblestone path to two wooden benches to create more of a "park" feel.

We felt that the backyard of the mansion was lacking as far as landscaping went. So, we added flowers, shrubs, and small trees to improve the design.

It was requested that we add other ways to get to the outside areas of the map other than their designated paths. The two ladders that can be seen on the walls are examples of the way we attempted to improve this.

The construction site, as stated by many of you, was too bland and unoriginal. So, we took it upon ourselves to detail it so it would look different and not as bland. We added a pattern around the bottom foundation, the cobble walls up the side beams as a sort of reinforcement, various brick piles to add to the construction feel, and you may be able to see in the back left of the build there are some wooden supports for the workers to stand on. The detail we added helped this build tremendously; I hope you guys think so too.

In a specific review we were told that the overhang on the bank was too bland, so we added a design in the retaining wall. Now it is one of the more detailed build.

These three screenshots above showcase the changes to the interior of the train station. In the first picture some benches were added in the middle of the walkway, the second picture shows various booths were people can purchase food, flowers, or magazines/newspapers, the third picture shows the altered ticket counters.

Other than all this we removed a lot of tier 2 chests. In total there are about 215 chests on the map. At first we had about 40% of the chests tier 2, now about 20% are tier 2. We added some block variation in the terraforming. We added enchantment tables (can't believe we forgot xD). We added more texture to roads. We removed some of the grass to help you fire spammers.

That is all. If there is anything you guys want changed we will take it into further consideration. Please let us know what you think of the changes.

New Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?j5hv7y2v52bb2cd

Tags: cadbane4321 BlueHeron mfungamer Joel Maury-Holmes Map Committee ChadTheDJ

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score

DOWNLOAD (Updated: May 27,2014): https://www.mediafire.com/?j5hv7y2v52bb2cd

*Please do not distribute or use for personal interest without direct consent from me or
cadbane. You can PM us on these forums for permission.
*(You spawn in the middle of a superflat world. Fly to the coords x=0,z=0 to get to the map.)

Name Of Map:
Shady Hollow

Lead Builders: SuperxAndrew & cadbane4321

Minor Builders:
YelloDawg39 (ultimate building cheerleader)
LoudNinja2xx123 (them cars tho)
xCrayfish (those details)
mfungamer (redstone genius)
themastern00b (randomly joined the server that one time and looked at the map)

Game Type: Survival Games

Description Of The Map: Shady Hollow is a small town that lies at the bottom of a river valley. Secluded by the mountains that surround it, the only way out is through long dark tunnels at each end of the town or by train at the station.

Specific Information:
~215 block radius
~there are approximately 250 chests
~there is a lot of flat area for pvp
~there are over 10 different buildings
~there are over 5 different types of vehicles
~there are many traps, secrets, and puzzles
~Street Lamps that activate during the night and turn off during the day

Planet Minecraft Page: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/shady-hollow--minecraft-survival-games-map/

Video/ScreenShots:

View of the river with the loading dock and construction site visible in the background.

View of the cornucopia with the fountain and festive streamers visible.

View of the bank. This building has many secrets to be discovered! :)

Outside view of the train station.

Inside view of most of the train station.

Overhead view of the construction site.

Side view of the church. The mansion is visible in the background.

Street view of the apartment building (first on the left), the convenience store (farthest on the left), an office building (first on the right), and the renovated building (farthest on the right).

View of the river going under the natural arch.

View of the "gateway" to Shady Hollow. Office buildings on the bottom right.

Pictures w/out shaders: http://imgur.com/a/IJcut
Overhead Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/JXfQk

Cords Of Corn: The cornucopia is at x=0,z=0
*There is not a deathmatch arena.

We, SuperxAndrew and cadbane4321 agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this we understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of our map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Changelog:
5/19/14 --> We finalized chests and small details. We made a driveway up to the mansion. We out the map up for download!!
5/27/14 --> See post #121 on page 11 of this thread.
Holy Good, amazing map guys <33

Culto

Survivor
Reaction score
xD, already had a route, now I need to re-download and make a new one. Just a question - Are all tier 2's that are no longer tier 2's changed to tier 1's? Or are some of the places where tier 2's used to be just empty now? Maps still lookin awesome though :p

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
xD, already had a route, now I need to re-download and make a new one. Just a question - Are all tier 2's that are no longer tier 2's changed to tier 1's? Or are some of the places where tier 2's used to be just empty now? Maps still lookin awesome though :p
No, there are still quite a few tier 2s. Your chest route should not be messed up that much. However we did change a lot of the random tier 2s in the random places to tier 1. Basically, all the tier 2 locations make sense now. :p
Holy Good, amazing map guys <33
Thanks! <3

Master_Kezo

Platinum
Reaction score
This map does truly look beautiful! This really does remind me of The Survival Games 4, this is a good thing because I do think this is going to be a amazing map for not just looks, but for the PvP aspect of things!

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
This map does truly look beautiful! This really does remind me of The Survival Games 4, this is a good thing because I do think this is going to be a amazing map for not just looks, but for the PvP aspect of things!
Thanks sooo much!

Edit:

SuperX.mcserver.ws (We are testing Shady Hollow!) Hop on today if you can, the server will be whitelisted between 12:00pm-3:00pm PST for the main test games.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci