• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sheldor's Epic PvP Guide

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Weapon Damage:
Short Range:
Weapons are one of the most important parts of MCSG as without them you cannot easily kill your fellow tributes. As far as short-range weapon damage goes, from highest damage to lowest damage, it goes swords, then axes, then pickaxes, then shovels, then hoes/fists/other items.

More specifically, how much damage each sword does:

And with no armour:
Diamond Axe:
Iron Axe:

Stone Axe:
Wooden Axe:

Golden Axe:

Diamond Pickaxe:
Iron Pickaxe:

Golden Pickaxe:

Diamond Shovel:
Iron Shovel:
Golden Shovel:

Hoes, Fists and Other Items:

Fire (whilst standing in fire):
per second
Fire (not standing in fire):
per second

Long Range:
Long-range weapons are a very valuable asset during the games, but there is only one that actually does damage, and that is the bow. There is also the fishing rod, which deals knockback but no damage.

Bow (Single Drawback):

Bow (Double Drawback):

Bow (Full Drawback):
but occasionally does

Tactics:
Sword:
Block Hitting: This is the act of rapidly spamming right and left click at the same time, causing you to block 50% damage whilst dealing full damage to your opponent. Significantly reduces movement speed, so easily combatable using strafing.

Strafing: This is when you move either in circles or from side to side whilst attacking your enemy. This is usually done by holding down ‘a’ or ‘d’ whilst attacking.

Criticals: Crits are achieved when you attack a player whilst falling down through the air. It has the chance of dealing an extra 50% of the original damage. Requires you to jump and hit whilst falling, which can result in increased knockback when fighting.

Bow:
Bow-spam: This is when you rapidly fire multiple low-powered bow shots at your enemy to keep them back whilst rapidly injuring them. This is useful for when in a corner and/or in the water.

Fishing Rod:
Fishing Rod Technique: A very popular tactic that includes knocking someone back using a fishing rod just before attacking them, allowing you to get the first hit. When done before each charge, this is very effective. This can be used with the infinite fishing rod tactic.

Infinite Fishing Rod: This is when you switch slots rather than pulling the fishing rod in, as the item only takes damage when pulled in. Switching the slot reels the rod in as well, but prevents the rod from taking damage.

Flint and Steel:
Flint and Steel Quick Switch: This is when a user quickly switches to their FnS, usually by means of hotkeys, lights a fire and then returns to their weapon. It is a very efficient technique of attacking players as it is hard to predict.

Flint and Steel 180 (or 360): This is where a player turns around 180 and uses the Flint and Steel Quick Switch to light the person behind them on fire, and then either turns back the same way or continues to do a full 360.

Extra PvP Tips:
· Lowest ground beats high ground due to the way Minecraft hitboxes and reach works. You can reach five blocks (actually 2-3 due to NCP - Thanks BitoBain) from the top of your head, so when looking up you can reach five blocks up, but when looking down, your body is two tall so you can only reach three down. This also applies in water fights.

· An organised hotbar is always key when fighting other players. The example below is how I organise my hotbar. It allows me to easily access my bow by scrolling, my FnS and fishing rod can be accessed by hotkeys, my food, gapples and spare FnS can be accessed by scrolling backwards. Organise it how you wish, but it must be laid out well.
· Enderpearls are also effective items during PvP battles. Keep in mind that they deal
upon impact, so only use them when you have more hearts than that.

Food:
This table shows the nutrition value for each food, which is the ratio of saturation to food points restored. Items with a higher nutrition value should be eaten when the hunger bar is more full.
- Golden Apple gives health regeneration II for 5 seconds and absorption for 2 minutes.
- Notch Apple (or Enchanted Golden Apple) gives health regeneration V for 30 seconds, absorption for 2 minutes, resistance and fire resistance for 5 minutes.
- Poisonous Potato gives a 60% chance of getting poisoned.
- Pufferfish gives Hunger III and Nausea II for 15 seconds, and Poison IV for 60 seconds.
- Raw Chicken gives a 30% chance of getting food poisoning.
- Rotten Flesh gives an 80% chance of getting poisoned.
- Spider Eye gives a 100% chance of getting poisoned.

Please tell me if I have missed anything, I will add it and give credit to you. Thank you for reading c:

Last edited:

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
The only thing I reckon you should fix is the 1800 and 3600 stuff. 180 and 360 is more appropriate just because 3600 and 1800 and all that is usually associated with 10x360s or 20x180s you know. Like we don't use 1800 degrees in the real world, or 3600 degrees in the real world. Also think of a circle, which is what the move implies. A circle consists of 360 degrees, not 3600

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
The only thing I reckon you should fix is the 1800 and 3600 stuff. 180 and 360 is more appropriate just because 3600 and 1800 and all that is usually associated with 10x360s or 20x180s you know. Like we don't use 1800 degrees in the real world, or 3600 degrees in the real world. Also think of a circle, which is what the move implies. A circle consists of 360 degrees, not 3600
Sorry, that was a glitch from when I copied it across from word :)

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
That's a good PvP guide. Well built, and very organized. Nice job being concise with damage and such. Unfortunately, I didn't really learn anything, and most people who have played a few hundred games won't learn much. Try to give specific advice on things people really struggle with. People already know that you can bow spam in water, and that strafing will get you more hits. Information about hotbars is very opinional. Also, with the no cheat that MCSG uses, you don't actually have a reach of five blocks, it's more like two or three.

If you want to expand on this guide, add some information about taking down teams or what the best way to make a chest route is. Maybe some information about how powerful armor is?

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
That's a good PvP guide. Well built, and very organized. Nice job being concise with damage and such. Unfortunately, I didn't really learn anything, and most people who have played a few hundred games won't learn much. Try to give specific advice on things people really struggle with. People already know that you can bow spam in water, and that strafing will get you more hits. Information about hotbars is very opinional. Also, with the no cheat that MCSG uses, you don't actually have a reach of five blocks, it's more like two or three.

If you want to expand on this guide, add some information about taking down teams or what the best way to make a chest route is. Maybe some information about how powerful armor is?
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to put that in there ASAP c:

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Great guide! Will share this with friends of mine! :D

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Update:
I will be adding armour values and food values, plus tactics to take out teams and/or hackers.

Last edited:

Edo

Diamond
Reaction score
Really good guide . It's useful . Good job and thanks.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Being a person who relies on crits more than he should, I think you should specify how much a critical does in hod because it's possible to do up to 7 hearts with a diamond sword, but you only put 4... and so on.

LegendzPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
Block hitting doesn't reduce 50% of the damage, it reduces half a heart of the damage
Swords should not be doing that much to someone with no armor:
Wood Axe 1 1/2 hearts (not 2)
Wood Sword 2 hearts (not 2 1/2)
Gold Sword 2 hearts (not 2 1/2)
Stone Axe 2 hearts (not 2 1/2)
Stone Sword 2 1/2 hearts (not 3)
Iron Axe 2 1/2 hearts (not 3)
Iron Sword 3 hearts (not 3 1/2)
Diamond Axe 3 hearts (not 3 1/2)
Diamond Sword 3 1/2 hearts (not 4)

I had no idea spider eyes were a 1.6 valuse, thx for the info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci