• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shiny Pokemon/Shiny Hunt Thread!

Reaction score
*stretches* Man, it's been FOREVER since I was active on these forums. *yawns out of tiredness* Well, the only shiny I have gotten so far is a shiny Seviper I randomly got via Poke Radar on a chain of 2. I'm currently hunting for a shiny Honedge. Aegislash (shiny) is SO cool. When I get it, I'm gonna call it either Zelda (only if female) or more likely, Backbiter, which is a Percy Jackson reference.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
I assumed we were talking about soft resetting. By hunting, do you mean just getting into battles in areas where the pokemon is with the hope of it being shiny?
When I say Shiny Hunting I mean any means of getting shiny Pokemon. The main four people tend to do is:
  • Random Encounters - Pokemon have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. People will continuously walk in grass in hopes of finding a shiny. Tedious but exciting once you find one.
  • Chaining - This is something that can be only done in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and X/Y. You use the PokeRadar to find Pokemon in grass, continuously fainting the Pokemon and walking into shaking grass until you find a shiny bush, which has a 100%% chance of containing a shiny Pokemon. This is very hard to master.
  • Chain Fishing - New mechanic in X/Y where your chances of encountering shiny Pokemon increase each time you land a successful reel of a Pokemon. This is probably the easiest way of getting a shiny Pokemon.
  • Masuda Method - In my opinion, the best way to get a shiny. BASICALLY, in Gen IV Pokmeon director Junichi Masuda made hatching shinies more likely when two Pokemon from different countries breed. It makes the odds of getting a shiny 3/4096 or about 1/1365. This way allows you to get good IVs and good natures on your shiny Pokemon, which is why I like it the most.
As for Soft Resetting, it can only be done with Legendaries and starter Pokemon. It is probably the worst way to obtain a shiny Pokemon, and Some recent Pokemon have actually been shiny blocked so that you can't get their shiny form. Probably the worst way to get a shiny.

This is pretty much the basics of shiny hunt methods. If you want to actually learn the detail of certain methods, just google it.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Chaining - This is something that can be only done in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and X/Y. You use the PokeRadar to find Pokemon in grass, continuously fainting the Pokemon and walking into shaking grass until you find a shiny bush, which has a 100%% chance of containing a shiny Pokemon. This is very hard to master.
Is there shaking bushes in X and Y? I think you mixed it up with B/W.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
Is there shaking bushes in X and Y? I think you mixed it up with B/W.
when I say shaking bushes I mean the bushes that shake when you use the PokeRadar. Shaking patches in X and Y are not the same as B/W, but they both shake.

I got two, both on the same day. :p
I forgot how awesome shiny Pachirisu looks o:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci