• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SHINY'S ART SHOP: High Quality ILLUSTRATIONS & GRAPHICS

ShinySwordStorm

Spectator
Reaction score
Look where he started from here. All I'm saying is you need to build a name for yourself. You can't just bust down the door with these prices. You're not gonna sell.
You don't seem to understand that I've already made a name for myself in other places. I'm simply advertising my services here so that people looking for art will consider me.

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
Shiny your work is very good, I myself love the style you use.

The only problem is the price, for the ordinary person chances are they don't have enough money for the art yourself.

My prices are quite fair for the time and work I put into them.

If that was what every artist did, art would be a lot more expensive. The price is not created from the amount of work you put into it, but the quality.

That's like me going to a teacher and saying "It took me a week to finish the essay I deserve a good grade for the amount of work and time I put into it".

Take a look at Kev's shop: http://kevdraws.bigcartel.com/gallery

His work has amazing quality and the prices are affordable.

Maybe try to think again of what you want your art prices to look like.

I'm only trying to help :)

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score

The only problem is the price, for the ordinary person chances are they don't have enough money for the art yourself.

If that was what every artist did, art would be a lot more expensive. The price is not created from the amount of work you put into it, but the quality.

That's like me going to a teacher and saying "It took me a week to finish the essay I deserve a good grade for the amount of work I put into it".

I agree-with what you-said. It's. What weev Been saging-but sisn simpler

ShinySwordStorm

Spectator
Reaction score

That's like me going to a teacher and saying "It took me a week to finish the essay I deserve a good grade for the amount of work and time I put into it".

I'm only trying to help :)
While I appreciate the constructive nature of your comment I'd consider the quality of my work to be worth the price. My prices and work are meant to compete with artists like TotallyDrawn, Vanir112, ZEDDesigns etc. And eventually people like AffluentDesigns and FinsGraphics.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Your work is very good don't get me wrong, but like everyone else is saying you aren't well known and your prices are very high. I would suggest getting known before coming on the Forums looking for business.

ShinySwordStorm

Spectator
Reaction score
Your work is very good don't get me wrong, but like everyone else is saying you aren't well known and your prices are very high. I would suggest getting known before coming on the Forums looking for business.
With the amount of time my work takes, it's not really reasonable for me to do cheaper work to "get known". If someone likes the quality of my work, they can buy from me. If not, they don't have to. Simple. There are plenty of other similar communities where I can advertise my services. This is the only one where I've had this problem.
It's of course your choice on how you do things, good luck
Thank you :D

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
With the amount of time my work takes, it's not really reasonable for me to do cheaper work to "get known". If someone likes the quality of my work, they can buy from me. If not, they don't have to. Simple. There are plenty of other similar communities where I can advertise my services. This is the only one where I've had this problem.

You're spending a lot of time replying here you could be working.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score

Honestly I feel as if you are only here for money and don't really care. If you want business you have to listen to the people. Maybe do a giveaway or something

ShinySwordStorm

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm getting that feeling aswell.
That's not it at all. I'm serious about my art and value my time. I don't have time to deal with people who are trying to devalue my time and my art. I'm not going to spend a week of time putting my best effort into a drawing for pocket change. At some point I'd like to include cheaper options for lower quality work but that's as close as I'll get to lowering my prices.
Lmao hee hee
Tru ._.
Just wanted to test the waters in other communities since it's getting a little dry over at MC-Market hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci