• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shipwreck Isle: 70% Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello everybody! My username is Jaeherys_II, but you can call me Snopp Doog, and I'm presenting a map that I'm not sure where will be featured at. In the past I have built three maps for the Nexus but found the speed at which they accept maps horrendous. If someone could tell me how long it takes staff here to look at maps please tell me! Anyway, without further ado, here are some screenies of this lovely pirate themed map.

Cornucopia: Inside of a volcano!

Pirate style: Villages are scattered throughout the map, but here's one!

An Alchemists House:

Ship that will be implemented when I add water:

This map has a 200 block radius (To compensate for water) but can be expanded! The terraforming is all hand detailed.

Hope you enjoy it! I hope the community likes it, and if they do, expect to see it in a month or so!

ast

Tribute
Reaction score
I get a bit of a brezzy island feel. and over all it looks pretty good. id be more than happy to help if needed

Skype= Chandler.Monckton

Evolution_MC

Platinum
Reaction score
This could turn out really well!! I am an expert at making Pirate ships, if you would like me to make you some I would love to! Skype:ethanmason12

meblubs23

Platinum
Reaction score
Looks really nice but as ast said before, it does look like breeze island 2
other than that its very well built
good job so far

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
When you say "Hand detailed" does that mean you put all the blocks down by hand or you used voxelsniper/worldedit and then smoothed by hand?

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
This is like sg 3 and breeze island 2
I think we have enough maps like this
To be honest, I think it is a completely unique map. It's pirate themed, and the most similar thing it has in relation to SG3 and Breeze is the biome, and in the breeze case, some of the water. That said, there isnt a lot of water. Me and my build partner are placing islands and ships down as I write! Furthermore, it is a heck of a lot more detailed than Breeze and SG3. I won't say Breeze Island 2, just cuz I've never played it, but yeah. It's also made with more or less of an emphasis on realism, especially in the terrain. That means, that while we added quite a bit of verticality to the map, we did not use a surplus of land arches to make it look good. Could you guys tell me how you think it looks similar? I'll strive to change those things :)

When you say "Hand detailed" does that mean you put all the blocks down by hand or you used voxelsniper/worldedit and then smoothed by hand?
By hand detailed, I mean we placed down all the grass, flowers, leaves etc. by hand. No bonemeal. We though about every flower and leaf, tried to make it realistic.

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
70% finished with no water?
..... xD
I use the //fill command to add water. It's super fast actually :)

Side note. The map is now finished! (Mostly, we have to add some chests) Please enjoy these screenshots.

I know I said I was focusing on realism... But these turtles were just too cute not to include!

An Alchemist/Fishing hut on a little cove thingy. Very atmospheric!

A shipwreck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci