• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should Better Sprint Mod be allowed?

Do you think it should be allowed?

• I think it should be allowed.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I think it should remain not allowed and here is why.

Votes: 98 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rileymac1

Spectator
Reaction score
Using hacked clients just means that there is less skill necessary in the game. It takes some serious skill to be able to weave up a mountain within having to restart sprint every single block. People that good who aren't using BSM deserve to escape and run away successfully. I've been killed/robbed of kills plenty of times by BSM, but there are definitely people that kick butt at sprinting and don't even need BSM. For example, if you watch any of ThatOneTomahawk's videos, as he's climbing up a mountain he turns left and right constantly to not mess up sprint. I started trying it recently and it's gotten me out of a ton of sticky situations. We clearly don't play MCSG for the graphics, we play it for the strategy. So no mods plz. :)

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
This thread should be locked, and the poster should know better of the topic and its past effects in the servers

IronwoodWB

Survivor
Reaction score
Better sprint mod to most people is considered a hack and just makes the game unfair

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are people that don't know how to download the mod, and these people are most likely noobs, and if you have BSM it will make it even harder for them to kill you...

Oxiodia

Spectator
Reaction score
'The Better Sprint Mod' Doesn't even work :D When I first join mcsg I had already installed the Better Sprint Mod for other servers and trust me. It helps a lot with PvP! I join and before I was able to move I was immediately kicked and it said that I wasn't aloud to use a Sprint Mod as it would give an unfair advantage.

I completely agree with this.

There are some mods however that you are aloud to use but this is pretty self explanatory. eg. OptiFine, Status Hud etc.

Hop this helps! :)

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
'The Better Sprint Mod' Doesn't even work :D When I first join mcsg I had already installed the Better Sprint Mod for other servers and trust me. It helps a lot with PvP! I join and before I was able to move I was immediately kicked and it said that I wasn't aloud to use a Sprint Mod as it would give an unfair advantage.

I completely agree with this.

There are some mods however that you are aloud to use but this is pretty self explanatory. eg. OptiFine, Status Hud etc.

Hop this helps! :)
Well, it won't help considering this thread was made many months ago. This is talking about when the minecraft client didn't have the sprint key function.

Please do not necro threads that haven't been touched on more than 1 month.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Better sprint mod usually provides an unfair advantage over others, although people will want to go for using it if it were hypothetically allowed, others still wouldn't use it, hence making an unfair advantage. Also, people can simply press Ctrl, it is a more legitimate way of better sprint mod. C:

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
Better sprint mod usually provides an unfair advantage over others, although people will want to go for using it if it were hypothetically allowed, others still wouldn't use it, hence making an unfair advantage. Also, people can simply press Ctrl, it is a more legitimate way of better sprint mod. C:
Onc again, this thread was made months ago when the sprint key didnt exist.

Can a mod just lock this thread already.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't think that Better Sprint Mod (BSP) should be allowed on MCGamer. Not everyone can use it, and it gives an unfair advantage to the user with BSP. I don't ever see BSP being allowed, and I hope it isn't.

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
I personally don't think that Better Sprint Mod (BSP) should be allowed on MCGamer. Not everyone can use it, and it gives an unfair advantage to the user with BSP. I don't ever see BSP being allowed, and I hope it isn't.
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO THIS THREAD?

Just lock it. It is no longer relevant due to the sprint key.
The standard of mods these days is abysmal.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO THIS THREAD?

Just lock it. It is no longer relevant due to the sprint key.
The standard of mods these days is abysmal.
I didn't notice the date the thread was started, however, your disrespect towards staff is unneeded and seriously inappropriate, especially in a public environment. Any further disrespect may result in major consequences.

Thread locked for the following reason(s):
  • Out of date
  • Necro
Please PM me if you have any questions/concerns. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci